Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Custom Shop Soloist PC-1 Sustainer Issues

Hello
    I am new to this forum. I have a Jackson Custom Shop Soloist PC-1. I had the Sustainer board replaced. It came back with high pitch a whistle mostly when you switch the mode switch down (the higher octave). I was told there was adjustments on the board to stop this whistle. It was adjusted and plays great.
    My question is: Is there any instructions/diagrams to show how to solve this problem. A PDF file anything at all. I just want it for my records just in case this ever happens again. I would appreciate any info on this issue and any other helpful info like string height settings, fret heights, pickip heights etc. I thank you all for the help.

There is nothing documented other than a rough hand drawn schematic.
    As for the whistle, this is typical when the gain trim pot is set too high.

String height is a personal preference thing, but optimal performance of the sustainer requires the driver (neck pickup) and humbucker be set at roughly 1/4" to 3/8" from the strings (un-fretted). You can go a bit closer than 1/4", but you will lose some clarity.

Be cautious of the hinged battery box as well.
    Shitty soldering and thin wire have caused more than a few people to think their sustainers have died when in reality, the lead simply broke off of one of the battery box connectors.
    So if you ever swap out batteries and the unit suddenly stops working, you most likely lost a connection.

As a side note, a PC1 is not a Soloist (neck-thru) , it's a Dinky (bolt on neck).
    -Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick
      If you have the hand sketch that would be great. Also My Jackson is a Custom Shop neck thru Soloist with PC1 electronics.
      Thanks again.

Comment

That is awesome. I love the idea of PC-1 guts in a soloist body. There was one on eBay a while ago, but it was monster $.

Do you have pictures you can post?

Comment

Yeah I thought of making my custom pc-1 with a neck thru body.
          Guitars:
          2011 Jackson PC-1 Adrenalize Custom Shop
          1994 Jackson Professional Dinky XL Pearl White

Comment

Here you go!

Comment

Here is another version that I happen to have as well.....

Comment

How do you attach a jpg? What size? What is the process and required size requirements to view?

Comment

Thanks to all. vklobucar, do you have a file of you diagram. When I print it out it is no to clear. You can email me the file to [email protected]
                  Hopefully it is a lot better viewing.

Comment

Do you have a photobucket (or similar type) account? You can post pictures by putting them on photobucket and then linking to them in a post here. If you don't have a photobucket account you can set one up for free pretty easily. I set one up when I joined here.

Not sure about size requirements, I just uploaded what I had and it worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                      Here you go!

This is the same one I have.
                      It's based on the original PC1, but the only difference is the newer ones have a tone pot added.
                      -Rick

Comment

Email has been sent!

Comment

Thank you vklobucar for the files.

Comment

My pleasure!

Comment

Cool shite. I hope you get your sustainer sorted out. I almost bought a sustainer DK2 but don't like active pickups or on-board preamps.

Comment

Working...
                              X