Jackson Custom Shop Soloist PC-1 Sustainer Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
    Cool shite. I hope you get your sustainer sorted out. I almost bought a sustainer DK2 but don't like active pickups or on-board preamps.
    That's cool, because the DK2S has neither of those.
    -Rick

Comment

Hey navaho, is yours the white reverse head Shannon PC-1 Soloist, that was on sale on the Bay about a year or so ago?
      P.S. Does anyone know whether you can order Sustainer circuits as standalone pieces to be fitted into other Jacksons? I've got a couple of Soloists I'd love to outfit with the Jackson Sustainer systems, but I'm not sure whether they have anyone in the UK who'd do it all - have a sneaking suspicion it might have to go to the US.
      "Hey man, it's better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool!"

My Jacksons/Charvels:
      '91 Jackson® (MIJ) Professional Limited Edition Phil Collen Sig Archtop in Black
      '91 Jackson® USA Kelly KE-1F (FLOYD!)
      '89 Jackson® USA Phil Collen Archtop in White (KAHLER!)
      '88 Jackson® USA Granite Strat

Comment

I'm pretty sure Jackson won't sell them separately, but it is an option to put one in if you are ordering a new custom shop guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by beardy View Post
          Hey navaho, is yours the white reverse head Shannon PC-1 Soloist, that was on sale on the Bay about a year or so ago?
          P.S. Does anyone know whether you can order Sustainer circuits as standalone pieces to be fitted into other Jacksons? I've got a couple of Soloists I'd love to outfit with the Jackson Sustainer systems, but I'm not sure whether they have anyone in the UK who'd do it all - have a sneaking suspicion it might have to go to the US.
          Jackson does not sell parts.
          You can only get the Jackson sustainer in a guitar via a Custom Shop order or by purchasing a PC1.

Adding a PC1 sustainer to a Soloist is not small task.
          You have to route a 4" x 4' (approx.) section out of the back of the guitar for the sustainer board and then 3" x 3" (approx.) section for the dual 9v battery box.
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            Adding a PC1 sustainer to a Soloist is not small task.
            You have to route a 4" x 4' (approx.) section out of the back of the guitar for the sustainer board and then 3" x 3" (approx.) section for the dual 9v battery box.
            That's why I gave up on the idea. Originally I bought a PC1 thinking if I didn't like it I would use the electronics to make a sustaining soloist. Saw how much would be involved and decided to keep the guts in the PC1.

Comment

We’re these the two little holes on the board with little white screws in them? Which way did you turn them

Comment

I’m starting to think that some joker thinks it’s funny to start multiple new accounts for the purpose of necro-bumping years-old threads.

Comment

Working...
                X