Jackson rr1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson rr1

Hi guys, I am new to the forum and have found an RR1 for sale. The serial number as supplied by the seller is V17905. The guitar looks in good condition from the pics but I was wondering if anyone had a list of serial numbers and could confirm when / where the guitar was manufactured and if the serial number is a genuine one.

Many thanks

Andy

The serial number should start with a U not a V, i'm assuming that is a typo. If that is the case that is probably around a 2009 or so.

Comment

Welcome Andy. If the serial is "U17905" (not "V") it looks legit. Makes it a 2006/7 (approx.), built in the current Jackson facility in Corona (Fender). No list of current serial numbers has been published.

Edit: Hey Trem, I'm too freakin' slow again
      Last edited by jackson1; 04-14-2011, 03:24 AM.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
        Welcome Andy. If the serial is "U17905" (not "V") it looks legit. Makes it a 2005 (approx.), built in the current Jackson facility in Corona (Fender). No list of current serial numbers has been published.

Edit: Hey Trem, I'm too freakin' slow again
        2005? Oh, ok, i for some reason always thought mine was a 2007 and my serial is U12XXX, oh wellz...guess that make mine about a 2003 ish then...
        Last edited by Trem; 04-14-2011, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Don't put too much faith in that, Trem. I am no expert and haven't kept track of these serials.
          Henrik

Comment

Trem -

I have U14804 that was built in Nov 2004, so 2003 is probably a good guess on yours.

Comment

By my (unofficial) records, U17905 it would be Nov/Dec 2006.

Comment

So there you have it. It's either a 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, or 2009.

Ah, the magic of the Internet!

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                  Makes it a 2006/7 (approx.)
                  Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                  Aha! I am backed by a PLATINUM member! You can all let go of the calculators now, the job is done!
                  Henrik

Comment

chrz guys thx v much for your help

Comment

Welcome and I love your screen name. Do you want the genital cuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                        Is there any way you can publish your records? Your "chart" IMO is the most accurate of all us JCF ser # sleuths!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Is there any way you can publish your records? Your "chart" IMO is the most accurate of all us JCF ser # sleuths!
                          Thanks, Ron. I'm glad someone noticed. Back in 2001, I started tracking info on KE1T models, just to see how many were out there. After a while, I started to wonder how different models and graphics were made in batches so I expanded my log to all USA select models to see if there were any patterns. Since then, I keep my eye out for serial #s where I can get the model, build date, color/graphic, specs, trem type, etc. I even add the w/o # if I can get if off the hang tag. I've kept this log just for fun so when I see threads like this, I try to give them a build date if I can.

I have not asked for anyone's serial #, only picked them up in threads, Ebay, dealer sites, other forums. I figured I didn't want to bother anyone and I know some people are protective about giving up some of this info. It makes me laugh when I see comments like the one from PowerTube. On one hand, he is correct, there are a lot of people out there who either guess or make crap up. On the other hand, I know my database is pretty accurate (or at least reliable from what others have posted on the internet - like do we really know that U17905 is an RR1 without any pics?).

I'm not sure how I would share the database since it is currently in an excel format but I'm open to suggestions. But I'd be happy to add the info from any USA select from other members here. Just send me a pm with all the info. Also, I'm happy to answer any questions or posts like this if someone is trying to find a build date or something else about a Jackson they have.

John

Comment

Ha Ha tcwil8, well spotted - its one of my favourite films
                            Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                            Welcome and I love your screen name. Do you want the genital cuff?

Comment

Originally posted by RUPRECHT View Post
                              Ha Ha tcwil8, well spotted - its one of my favourite films
                              Dirty Rotten Scoundrels right? That's what i thought of, hilarious movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X