Custom shop warrior questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom shop warrior questions

hi people, im really excited to join the forums.

within the next few months i will be ordering a custom warrior.i have afew questions tho. it will be pretty much a standard warrior design except for a reverse headstock, and changing the positioning of the control nobs and swapping the toggle for a 3 way blade, with a added kill switch, it is also going to have the graphic bolted steel finish. so my question is, is this guitar going to cost me awhole lot more than just a standard USA warrior bolted steel even tho i have made very minor changes?

also what is the difference between abalone inlays and mother of pearl ones?

cheers guys, Lewis.

Abalone looks like this:

Mother of pearl looks like this:

Reverse headstocks are considered wood working change and with a different control layout as well yeah, you'll probably be charged custom shop rates.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

cool, thanks for the info. gee theres a mojor difference with the inlay colours, i think il stick with the mother of pearl.

Comment

You might as well go for the oiled neck if you are doing the CS thing.

Comment

Originally posted by lkgwarrior View Post
          is this guitar going to cost me awhole lot more than just a standard USA warrior bolted steel even tho i have made very minor changes?
          Yes. Based on the 2008 CS pricing (the last published as far as I know), that guitar will start at $4100 list, then add $307 for a rev head. The graphic price isn't listed, but let's estimate $500 for that. So you're at circa $4900 list price. Then take a 40% discount (which you might get, but you might not - depending on the dealer and your relationship with them), that's $2940.

I know the whole point is to get the guitar you want, but for what it's worth, if you're going to go custom shop, I'd suggest you do more than reverse the headstock and change the controls. Do something to make it 'special'.
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            You might as well go for the oiled neck if you are doing the CS thing.
            oiled neck? whats that

Comment

@Neilli

i have the same opinion as you, but as soon as i saw it it was perfect except for the things iv mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                i know the whole point is to get the guitar you want, but for what it's worth, if you're going to go custom shop, i'd suggest you do more than reverse the headstock and change the controls. Do something to make it 'special'.
                qfmft!

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Yeah you'd pretty much have to be made of money for a lousy flipped headstock to be worth the extra cash.

Comment

Yeah you'd pretty much have to be made of money for a lousy flipped headstock to be worth the extra cash.
                    haha, i can assure you im not made of money, but all my other guitars have the reverse headstock like my DKMG and my esp m-ii, i thought i would make it a normal thing for all my guitars to have reversed headstocks. its still going to be a unique guitar i might go for the abalone after all, depending if you can get the logo on the headstock in abalone?

Comment

Originally posted by lkgwarrior View Post
                      oiled neck? whats that
                      I'd suggest that if you don't know what an oiled neck is, you'd be well advised to do some research before you spend a ton of cash on a Custom Shop order.
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

^^^ this. Here is a WR1 with an oiled neck. These popped up as standard select series guitars for a while, buy may be cs only now (not 100% sure on that). I'm not sure how it would look with bolted steel, possibly not very good. But they feel nice and slick.

Comment

^^^ this. Here is a WR1 with an oiled neck. These popped up as standard select series guitars for a while, buy may be cs only now (not 100% sure on that). I'm not sure how it would look with bolted steel, possibly not very good. But they feel nice and slick.

that looks terrible, it may feel abit better. but im not kidding myself, im no malmsteen i dont need a guitar that is all about neck speed i need something that looks great and this with bolted steel would look horrible.

Comment

I would not settle for a standard USA Select finish on a 3 grand guitar just because it has a reversed headstock. Even that and abalone inlays wouldn't sway me.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                              I would not settle for a standard USA Select finish on a 3 grand guitar just because it has a reversed headstock. Even that and abalone inlays wouldn't sway me.
                              Again, QFMFT!

Come on man, be a bit more creative! Do an extreme warrior in slime green sparkle with custom inlays and LEDs that light them up or something, not just a USA select with reverse headstock and abalone inlays. You don't have to go all-out but do something a bit unique if you're willing to spend so much cash on it.

Originally posted by RD

Comment

Working...
                              X