Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qfmft?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yeah, at least customize the graphic with pentagonal bolts or something instead of hexagonal or rivets.
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
        Qfmft?
        "Quoted For MotherFuckin' Truth"
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

ok, what i want to know is how can you make your own custom graphic or inlays, do i draw them and jackson creats or whats the deal?

Comment

You put everything on your custom shop order form. You can access it on the main site. Complete it (be very specific), print it off, take it to a dealer. They will get back to you with a quote.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              You put everything on your custom shop order form. You can access it on the main site. Complete it (be very specific), print it off, take it to a dealer. They will get back to you with a quote.
              I don't think this can be stressed enough.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by lkgwarrior View Post
                how can you make your own custom graphic or inlays, do i draw them and jackson creats or whats the deal?
                I've never ordered a 'new' graphic, but I'd suggest that you draw it out as acurately as you can, and then send it in. Jackson will then talk to whichever painter is appropriate and they should get back to you with any questions.
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

And to answer your question about the logo, yes they will do it in Abalone if you order it that way. I've done that myself before as have many others. In fact they can combine Abalone and Mother of Pearl for the inlays depending on what they are. Mine were coiled Cobras so that combo worked out good.
                  Abalone logo:

Abalone and MOP Cobra inlays:
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

hey rudy, thanks for the pics, this really is a good comparison of the two, i think i will go with the abalone logo and inlays, is there a page for images of all the different inlays availible?

Comment

hey rudy, thanks for the pics, this really is a good comparison of the two, i think i will go with the abalone logo and inlays, is there a page for images of all the different inlays availible?
                      You're welcome. I'm not aware of pages for custom inlays to pick from. I sent them a picture of a coiled cobra and said I wanted that for an inlay. Then upon talking with them (Tim Wilson back at the time) we came up with the idea of the cpmbination to set off the snake nicely. You just have to come up with what you want for an inlay and discuss it with them.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                        You're welcome. I'm not aware of pages for custom inlays to pick from. I sent them a picture of a coiled cobra and said I wanted that for an inlay. Then upon talking with them (Tim Wilson back at the time) we came up with the idea of the cpmbination to set off the snake nicely. You just have to come up with what you want for an inlay and discuss it with them.
                        so i can make my own inlays, thats awsome. im from australia so communication might be a bit hard with the custom shop, or do they just use emails generally? i spose they sting you tons for doing custom inlays tho?

Comment

so i can make my own inlays, thats awsome. im from australia so communication might be a bit hard with the custom shop, or do they just use emails generally? i spose they sting you tons for doing custom inlays tho?
                          At the time I submitted all my stuff to my dealer then Tim Wilson from the custom shop called me. I wouldn't say they sting you tons for the custom inlays. It all depends on how involved it is. You might be surprised about the price on the custom inlays. I'd say submit a picture of what you want for a quote, if its too much then there is always the option of sharkies for no additional charge I didn't think the price on my Cobra inlays was unreasonable but that was over a decade ago too.
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I would love to go custom but I don't know if I could handle a up to two year wait.
                            Last edited by Animus; 04-23-2011, 05:07 PM.
                            2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                            Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
                              I would love to go custom but I don't know if I could handle a up to two year wait.
                              2 years, thought it was a maximum of like 12 months? i waited like 7 months for my cs warwick bass years ago, but over 12 is insane!!!!!!

Comment

2 years, thought it was a maximum of like 12 months? i waited like 7 months for my cs warwick bass years ago, but over 12 is insane!!!!!!
                                I read about a couple people it taking like 2 years, but probably not a normal thing like you say.
                                2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                                Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Working...
                                X