Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have some info on this graphic Jackson USA strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have some info on this graphic Jackson USA strat?

Hi,

Found this guitar advertised for sale, and wondered if anyone have some info on it.

Pictures in this link: http://www.finn.no/finn/torget/tilsa...nkode=27760159

What would value of this guitar be, assuming average condition for a guitar of this age?

Thanks in advance!

It's all there on the tag, and everything looks pretty good. 1987 (Ontario, Cal.) strat w/ San Dimas plate. Possibly a replaced trem, but looking at the headstock pic, I think it originally came with an OFR rather than a Jackson JT-6 trem. I have no idea what the value would be in Northern Europe. Much more than here in the US, as a general rule.

Comment

thanks for the input. I usually buy my guitars from the US, that's why I would like to know an estimated value for the US market. It's for sale for approx $1300. Shipping costs from US to Norway is approx $150, so if I can a similar Jackson for, say, less than $1000 on ebay, it may not be worh it. Also my experience with Jackson guitars is limited. Owned a SL2H once, which i regret selling.

Comment

That's neat! That tone knob may have been added.

Comment

Originally posted by shv View Post
          ... so if I can a similar Jackson for, say, less than $1000 on ebay, it may not be worh it. Also my experience with Jackson guitars is limited.
          I think you should be able to find a nice Jackson strat for under $1K without much of a problem on US eBay or in forum classifieds, though as I'm sure you know, there are still a lot of sellers who are hesitant to ship overseas. It'll probably come down to how patient you are.

Comment

You won't find many with that graphic (maybe for good reason?! LOL), so you should factor that into your decision.
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I have agreed with the seller to test the guitar today, if it's a player and in decent condition i think I'll go for it!

Guess I have a weak spot for those graphic guitars...

Comment

Working...
              X