NGD - Root Beer PC-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Root Beer PC-1

I don't often pull the trigger on a brand new Jackson - usually try to find something used - but this time I did.

Should be interesting. It is my first maple board, my first mahogany Jackson, the first with Dimarzios, my first sustainer, and the first bolt on Jackson I have bought in over 10 years.

It is a Jackson, but I am definitely out of my comfort zone with this one. I've been looking for variety lately, and this one fits the bill.

PC-1 in Root Beer:

Here's an indoor shot. It is not quite so bright when it isn't in the sun:

Great looking PC1. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

wow, very nice

Comment

Wow!!! That is one sweet PC1!

Looks kinda like a deep Solar in the sunlight mind you.

I know that you will just love that baby!

Comment

That's all kinds of nice!

Comment

Are you happy with the Root Beer? I think it looks great!

Comment

Nice guitar. But that's a fantastic location for the pics!
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks all.

dmccarthy: Very happy with the root beer. I was worried that it might be too dark for my tastes, but it is a medium brown just like you said. Thanks again for the insight.

neilli: Thanks, that is the view from the deck off of my living room. The ice finally left the lake a couple days before the pics. It's been a cold spring...

Comment

This doe not help my Jackson GAS at all. Congrats! Beautiful guitar.

Comment

I love my PC-1. It's slowly becoming my #1. The wolfgang is holding on.

If you're used to the traditional Jackson feel this guitar is a pretty big departure. I personally love the larger neck, bolt on construction, and bare wood neck. Only thing I couldnt get used too was the Super 3 bridge pickup. It's a fine pickup all by itself but when switching from my Wolfgang, Hamer, Strat, or others it was just too dark. I swapped in a Suhr Aldridge. HUGE Improvement!!! Really completes the package. The pickup has a vintage PAF vibe too it but also sounds hot. Mids and high's cut through. This guitar is no longer burried in the mix.
                      ---RCM78
                      >>>I'm Fucking Rich!!!<<<

Comment

I have PC-1 GAS coming up again now

Congrats, it's a beauty you just got. I'd have expected it to be much "browner", this looks quite orange to me. But that's probably just because it's a real picture and not a stock pic from the internet. Congrats again, I hate you for owning a PC-1 while I don't ! (j/k)

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Let me add that Jeff Ward is a stand up guy with a great Jackson collection. He and I used to bid against eachother on cool graphic Jacksons in the early days of eBay. He usually won! Cool to see you posting on the JCF, and that's a killer axe, Jeff. Rock on!
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, Joe. Amazing that we were bidding against each other over ten years ago.

I'm surprised I never found the JCF until now, but better late than never!

Comment

Working...
                              X