New AS Models coming soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AS Models coming soon?

I was talking to a buddy of mine, who is a GC Manager in the Houston area. I am in the process of working a deal for a new Adrian Smith model, and he told me that there are new colors coming in July. Green and Gold. I think he said Black/black too.

Anyone else hear this?

all i know is that when i saw maiden in tampa AS barely played his jacksons....he was on the LP almost the whole night. dave was too. it was a bit odd, really. it seemed all so wrong to me!!!! lol. i did think it was cool that bruce mentioned that AS wrote "flight of icarus" on the "gold-top" while in some "toilet in the mid-west".

i was hoping to see that pagan gold AS model that McD showed pics of a while back, but nope.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

They were intending to release a gold one, but last I hear that might not be happening. I've heard they made one green one, but not that it was going to be a production colour.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
        all i know is that when i saw maiden in tampa AS barely played his jacksons....he was on the LP almost the whole night. dave was too. it was a bit odd, really. it seemed all so wrong to me!!!! lol. i did think it was cool that bruce mentioned that AS wrote "flight of icarus" on the "gold-top" while in some "toilet in the mid-west".

i was hoping to see that pagan gold AS model that McD showed pics of a while back, but nope.
        Dave played an LP? Don't think I've ever seen that...???
        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
          Dave played an LP? Don't think I've ever seen that...???
          I've seen a few shots from the current tour with Dave on an LP
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Hmmm... I must witness this for myself.

Comment

I just found pics. Doesn't look right... and he's gettin fat...

Comment

.. and bald. He needs to stop combing his hair backwards so it looks coiferred...
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Drum City/Guitar Land just posted two Adrian Smith models in Gold as "coming soon"....one ebony and one maple. They only do this when they have a confirmed order so I'd say this is for real.

Comment

It seems like a some artists that have achieved the "larger than life" status play whatever the fuck they want on stage, regardless of their guitar endorsement. The most obvious examples are Hettfield and Hammet, but I'm sure others do it, like our friend in Iron Maiden. I just feel bad for the guitar companies that put so much into these artists just to have them say "fuck it" on stage.

Comment

There was a gold one listed on the Wild West Guitar site for a while. Says sold now.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dmccarthy View Post
                        Drum City/Guitar Land just posted two Adrian Smith models in Gold as "coming soon"....one ebony and one maple. They only do this when they have a confirmed order so I'd say this is for real.
                        No picture up yet, man I wanted to see one

Comment

Just saw a listing for one on ebay. I'm not a traditional strat guy, but I kinda like the gold

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                            No picture up yet, man I wanted to see one
                            Yeah in most cases DCGL only uses actual pics, not stock ones, so for something like this that they've ordered but not received the pics are missing.

Comment

You can see the Wild West one here. http://www.wildwestguitars.com/jacksonhome.htm
                              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X