NGD...... Custom Shop Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***** Rhoads Expertise Needed *****

I did some searching though old posts from NAMM 2009 when this guitar was on display and found that some of us had some questions about the shape and size that this guitar was based off of since it is different than a KV2. Well, I may have the answers to those questions. I didn't even look at the hang tag when I got it, I was so stoked to play it that I forgot about anything else. I noticed today that the hang tag from Jackson calls this the "Rhoads DBL". Spelled exactly like that. The body is much larger than a KV2 and the points are longer. Correct me if I'm wrong here guys, but I believe this guitar was based off of what's known as the "Double Rhoads". Meaning that both the points are as long as the long point on a regular Rhoads model Jackson. Both points are about 2 inches longer than a KV2 and the body is different. I might be wrong here but I remember reading somewhere that this design was what Jackson used on their original V guitars way back in the day until the KV2 came out which was a smaller body with shorter points. I also remember reading somewhere that one of Randy's original guitars was this shape and size ???? Is any of this accurate? I only remember him playing the "Concorde Rhoads".
    Last edited by at0micpunk; 05-02-2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by at0micpunk View Post

"Rhoads DBL". Spelled exactly like that. The body is much larger than a KV2 and the points are longer. Correct me if I'm wrong here guys, but I believe this guitar was based off of what's known as the "Double Rhoads". Meaning that both the points are as long as the long point on a regular Rhoads model Jackson. Both points are about 2 inches longer than a KV2 and the body is different. I might be wrong here but I remember reading somewhere that this design was what Jackson used on their original V guitars way back in the day until the KV2 came out which was a smaller body with shorter points.
      This is correct.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by at0micpunk View Post

I did some searching though old posts from NAMM 2009 when this guitar was on display and found that some of us had some questions about the shape and size that this guitar was based off of since it is different than a KV2. Well, I may have the answers to those questions. I didn't even look at the hang tag when I got it, I was so stoked to play it that I forgot about anything else. I noticed today that the hang tag from Jackson calls this the "Rhoads DBL". Spelled exactly like that. The body is much larger than a KV2 and the points are longer. Correct me if I'm wrong here guys, but I believe this guitar was based off of what's known as the "Double Rhoads". Meaning that both the points are as long as the long point on a regular Rhoads model Jackson. Both points are about 2 inches longer than a KV2 and the body is different. I might be wrong here but I remember reading somewhere that this design was what Jackson used on their original V guitars way back in the day until the KV2 came out which was a smaller body with shorter points. I also remember reading somewhere that one of Randy's original guitars was this shape and size ???? Is any of this accurate? I only remember him playing the "Concorde Rhoads".
        Rhoads had two - the Concorde and the black one, which the PCS Rhoads/Rhoads USA/RR1 was based on. It was closer to the RR1T in terms of the body dimensions, and is also what the Double Rhoads was based on.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Rhoads had two - the Concorde and the black one, which the PCS Rhoads/Rhoads USA/RR1 was based on. It was closer to the RR1T in terms of the body dimensions, and is also what the Double Rhoads was based on.
          Cool Beans !! Thanks for the info.

Comment

Very cool axe.. Nice score!
            John 3:16

Comment

The shape is actually similar as Bernie rico vixen

Comment

That headstock design is horrible. What if someone decides to shoot the headstock? The bullet will hit the strings instead of the headstock due to the cutout. Horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by algeriet View Post
                  That headstock design is horrible. What if someone decides to shoot the headstock? The bullet will hit the strings instead of the headstock due to the cutout. Horrible.
                  Huh ??

Comment

Ya know. When you have gigs in the hood. Bullets flying around all the time...

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                      Ya know. When you have gigs in the hood. Bullets flying around all the time...
                      True, very true. A gig in a rough neighborhood might completely destroy my headstock. I'll have to make it bulletproof.

Although, with a headstock like this, I could just stab them in the arse.

Comment

Does anyone have any idea how I would find out how much this guitar originally sold for? I'm just curious. Not looking to sell or anything, I'm just wondering what the price tag on a NAMM piece like this was when it was purchased from the show.

Thanks for any info.

Comment

Great looking Axe, and I'm sure those pesky bullets won't even dare hitting this majestic instrument, Pablo made sure of that when he built it.
                          Congratulations.
                          -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                            Great looking Axe, and I'm sure those pesky bullets won't even dare hitting this majestic instrument, Pablo made sure of that when he built it.
                            Congratulations.
                            Lol !! Thanks DW.

Comment

Working...
                            X