Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys have some beauts Clark!

Names please?

I've got the whole King Arthur thing going 'cause I'm still looking for the Holy Grail (aren't we all?):

'11 Martin D-41 - "Guinevere"
    '79 LP Custom Silverburst "Arthur"
    '05 Fender FSR Custom Shop '57 Mary Kaye Strat - "Lancelot"
    '86 Fender Contemporary Strat - "Sir Galahad"
    '74 Rick 4001 (Jet Glo) - "Uther"
    '70 Gibson Flying V - "Percival"
    '64 Gibson ES-335 Dot - "Morgan"
    '65 Fender Strat Tobacco SB - "Mordred"
    '04 Line 6 500 - "Merlin"
    '08 Yamaha Classical
    '06 Breedlove
    '59 Danelectro U1
    '95 Turser semi-hollow Dragon

and...... wait for it.....

'93 Jackson USA Soloist - "Excalibur"

OK, now I know why I'm not married and keep breaking-up with women. Sick. I need a new hobby.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

(Added per Hellbat's incessant goading )
    Last edited by Soloist-USA; 05-04-2011, 12:56 AM.

Let me be the first to say...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yep. Post 'em. I dropped the ball and my camera (2 weeks ago). I will get pics.

Comment

My only "named" guitar currently is the Death Kitty. I am currently preparing to have the "Slaadocaster" created. My RR1's are just "My Rhoads'" because it doesn't get any cooler than Randy.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

This is all I have for now (had to go to my laptop). Under the USA flag is a '85 Mesa/Boogie half-back. A terrific slant 4x12.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Death Kitty. Classic!

Comment

Thats a beauty soloist. ENVY!

Yeah the there are pictures around here of the DK. It gets people talking for sure hehe.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Post your Rhoads. I'll never forget my Mom yelling up to me when the news was on in '82. She yelled "A famous guitarist just died!" I couldn't believe it was Randy. I was 15 and will never forget that moment.

Comment

Just a quick note: In my lifetime there have been 3 (maybe 4) guitarists who turned the world on it's ear: Hendrix, Van Halen, Rhoads and maybe SRV. Since those cats, nothing... Remember Van Halen burst onto the scene during Disco's hey-day in '78. When we (as players) heard "Eruption" is was as if the hand of God extended a forefinger and poked you in the chest. It *was* that important. Randy brought the neo-classical sense that I so love, SRV brought us back to our roots. And Hendrix is still King.

Comment

Interesting. You have some old wood there. I'd have a hard time keeping track of 40+ guitar names. I already have to keep inventory on a spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist-USA View Post
                      Names please?

I've got the whole King Arthur thing going 'cause I'm still looking for the Holy Grail (aren't we all?):

'11 Martin D-41 - "Guinevere"
                      '79 LP Custom Silverburst "Arthur"
                      '05 Fender FSR Custom Shop '57 Mary Kaye Strat - "Lancelot"
                      '86 Fender Contemporary Strat - "Sir Galahad"
                      '74 Rick 4001 (Jet Glo) - "Uther"
                      '70 Gibson Flying V - "Percival"
                      '64 Gibson ES-335 Dot - "Morgan"
                      '65 Fender Strat Tobacco SB - "Mordred"
                      '04 Line 6 500 - "Merlin"
                      '08 Yamaha Classical
                      '06 Breedlove
                      '59 Danelectro U1
                      '95 Turser semi-hollow Dragon

and...... wait for it.....

'93 Jackson USA Soloist - "Excalibur"
                      I know Bors got killed by some rabbit, but why he ain't in it?
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Rhoads #1

Rhoads #2

Death Kitty

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                          I know Bors got killed by some rabbit, but why he ain't in it?
                          Holy crap! I have one named "Bors the Elder" it's a 1933 ViVi Tone archtop. ViVi Tone was Loyd Loar's (Gibson) company in the early to mid '30s. I found him in a trash can. My friend wants to buy it for $5K. Miracles can and *do* happen. In this case, it was found in a trash can.

"Bors the Younger" is a 1959 Dano U1 that a guy gave me after "the Fire" which claimed my home studio and all axes and related.
                          Last edited by Soloist-USA; 05-04-2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Love the "cobalt" blue hued V. My neighbor just painted cobalt blue on a '68 XR7 Cougar. Awesome shade! I know Jackson doesn't call it "cobalt", but to me it is. Pretty.

Comment

love that gold hardware on the soloist ... I have a ferrari red 90 pro on the way ...

Comment

Working...
                              X