Help me ID this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Rocks View Post
    This is not my guitar and I don't know the seller, but if you are looking for a nice Dinky at a good reasonable price, check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-JACKSON-Din...item1e636ff862
    I wasn't looking for a Dinky, but it's local so I started asking questions. $940 isn't cheap for a Dinky in my eyes, but anyways...

Got the guy down to $500, but I think I will hold off for now. Thanks for all the help guys

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
      I wasn't looking for a Dinky, but it's local so I started asking questions. $940 isn't cheap for a Dinky in my eyes, but anyways...

Got the guy down to $500, but I think I will hold off for now. Thanks for all the help guys
      I don't think $940 is cheap, but it's not out of line. When you consider the guitar you are looking at for $500, the one I posted is easily worth $940...

Comment

I had a 96 DK1 and it had an OFR on it. With that same rout. But it was a 22fret neck. This on eis as 24fret. Makes think it may be a USA Fusion neck on a dk1 body.obaly wont intonate correctly.
        Gil

Comment

Craigslist right? I was also interested but I thought it was way overpriced for what I could see in the pics. Now with the pics enlarged here I think I was right.

Comment

Originally posted by rattlehead74 View Post
            Craigslist right? I was also interested but I thought it was way overpriced for what I could see in the pics. Now with the pics enlarged here I think I was right.
            yeah, CL. You in Houston? He said I could come play it. I might just to check it out, cuz now I want to know what the hell it is.

Comment

Yup Houston, check it out bro. You may end up liking it. Still wouldn't pay that much for it though. You probly have room for neg. Let us know what you think of it.

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                Sn 001966
                I believe this would make it a '94, To me this would mean its a Dinky Custom which someone has routed between the neck and middle pickups for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
                  I believe this would make it a '94, To me this would mean its a Dinky Custom which someone has routed between the neck and middle pickups for some reason
                  Seems like someone might have tried to put a humbucker in the neck.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    yeah or tried to slant the neck single coil, whatever the idea was its a FAIL!

Comment

I've been wondering and wondering about what the hell that route is for and I just can't come up with anything.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Can't be that, because there's nowhere for the tabs to go...

yeah or tried to slant the neck single coil, whatever the idea was its a FAIL!
                      I don't think there's enough room to 'twist' the neck single like that, plus there don't appear to be any screw holes in the new route.
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Ding ding ding. I had one of these, sold it here on the forum about a year ago. Dinky Custom, HSS, 24 frets. Mine was even lightning sky.

Comment

thebigz and ralph are this weeks Jackson Jeopardy champions.

Comment

Working...
                          X