Jackson U0059 Mod/Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson U0059 Mod/Restoration

Here is my Rhoads #U0059, the guitar started off as a black RR1 back in 1990 but by the time I acquired it in 2007 had fallen into a state of disrepair and had been fitted with EMG 81/85 and a gold Floyd Rose, a couple of months ago I decided to send the guitar for some mod work and a refinish to repair some body/headstock damage and remove the un-used neck Pickup.

All in all the guitar ended up going through a refinish to Black/White Bevels, Back of the neck leaving in a satin finish, The headstock was damaged to the point where the decal was cracking and needed replacing, chips on the horns repaired, neck pickup and control cavity filled and rear routed for 1 Vol, fret level and a new gold nut. Now Time to go play it

Before:

After:

very cool!!!!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Looks very cool. I always wondered why we see so few black w white bevels RRs but so many of the reverse.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Beautiful......

Comment

Love that!!
          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Looks great. The changing to a rear route would scare me!

Edit : Interesting finish on the back of the neck. Did you consider 'unfinished' neck at all?
            Last edited by Hellbat; 05-18-2011, 08:40 PM.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

looks great love that look , on these and kellys .... smokes and fantastic refin !

Comment

thats an amazing transformation, its a totally different guitar. how did you manage to take out the neck pickup and make the finish look so smooth?

Comment

Hellbat: yeah I did consider an unfinished neck but I found the step down where the paint ends a bit of a minor annoyance so i got went for the satin finish in the end to avoid that.

LKGW: the cavities were filled in with blocks of maple/alder respectively and then the guitar was re-routed and re-finshed, all the work was carried out by Martin at Simscustom.com

Comment

very cool. Doing something like that to an rr5. Just to learn. But I picked up u00030 and plan on getting it redone. But that looks awesome. Gret refin..

Comment

Looks awesome! How did you get the satin finish on the neck? Did you just mask the neck before shooting clear over it?
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I owned that guitar originally, and when I sold it put the gold hardware and EMG's on it. But it was NOT damaged, it was completely playable and fine. Must have been from that point on. By the way, I think I still have the original hang tag, as I had forgotten to include it in the sale. Let me see if I still have it and I'll mail it to you so you can keep it documented. It's one of the very first USA Production Rhoads guitars.
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

turned out awesome. 1 hum RR is very cool.

Comment

Sexy RR. I'm jelly.

Comment

Very cool! Now set the intonation, silly!
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X