• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR USA (few questions)

A friend of my brother offered me this Guitar:

(Click to enlarge pics)

Serial is UO0900 and says MADE IN USA in NeckHead

The owner doesn't know what parts equips the guitar. He only send me the pics, and don't say anything about the price...

I guess that it has Schaller Floyd, Neckthru body, but I don't know about pickups, tunners... any idea?

What can you say me about this guitar?

How much I would pay/offer for this beauty?

Thanks you all for your future answers!

60 views & no reply?

No problem, this weekend i'll see this beauty, news soon!

thanks anyway!

Gabriel.

Comment

It's hard to say if it's a USA from the picture. But if the serial number matches the guitar, it's a 1991 made in Ontario, US of A (not Canada! As some one tried to tell me once believe it or not). The serial number should be stamped into the last fret on the fret board. It's hard to say what pickups are on there and most likely that's a Schaller Floyd. In perfect shape they can go for $900 and up. I'd offer whatever you think it's worth, it's hard to tell if there's any blemishes or damage from the pics. The tips usually take some hits.

Comment

From the serial # that is a 1991. I have a 1990 Rhoads, so it is from the same era. I don't know if this will help you because it could be different, but I can tell you that mine has the JE-1200 mid-boost and the JT-590 bridge. I have never taken the Jackson pickups out to see what model they are, but they came with covers on them. So the pickups may have been swapped on the one you are looking at, or maybe just the covers were removed. The neck is incredible on mine, and I have heard that is common for that era Rhoads.

Comment

Thanks Ward & Sharkfin!!!!! News Soon!!!!

Comment

I've been curious, so I pulled the pickups on my '90. It has a J-80 in the bridge and neck positions.

Did you end up getting the one you were looking at?

Comment

Working...
            X