Ever seen a trans finish like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever seen a trans finish like this?

I just found this during one of those bored google image searches, and remember years ago asking if the WR1 was ever available in a quilted finish.
    I own a TBK WR1 myself, but the grain is not like this. The one above looks like a tree bark pattern (spalted?), whereas mine looks very smooth.

Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Top one looks to be quilt maple top and a very nice one at that. The bottom one is a flame maple top.

Comment

^^ This. Definitely not spalted. Has Jackson ever even done a spalted top??

EDIT: Answered my own question.

Last edited by Axewielder; 05-21-2011, 10:53 PM.

Comment

I seem to remember GMW selling that quilted one. Always liked it. I assumed it was a re-top/refin they did for someone, unless it could've been some kind of trade they took in. Jackson should do a quilted option for all USA Selects like that.
        Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

Notice that pic is taken in direct sunlight. I'd imagine it doesn't look that great indoors.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X