Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can I find the serial number of my guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can I find the serial number of my guitar?

Hi. I recently bougth a San Dimas Randy Rhoads Student on ebay. All is like the seller described and all looks original except for one big detalle: the serial number is not there! Apparently someone scalloped the last frets including the section with the serial number (that's what the seller is telling to me).
    Do you know some way to get the serial number of this guitar? I look inside and on the neck pickup cavity I find what I think is the work order number. It's 3705 or 3105, The guitar has a factory kahler and the colour is Ivory. It has all the spects of a 1985 or early 1986 RR. Could you help me please? Thank you very much.

The writing would be the work order, which aren't the same as the serial numbers. I don't think there's any way to establish the serial based on w/o, other than on the J1000 logs..
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I was reading the J1000 logs but there aren't RRs. There are a Soloist 3701 work order (only 4 orders before mine!!!), made on 2/3/85, but none RRs.
      Nobody here has the RR's logs? According to the Soloists order numbers I'm almost sure that my guitar was made between march and june of 1985 so I only would need to check about 3 or 4 pages of the jackson RR's logs. Someone could help me please???

Comment

What/where are these J1000 logs of which you guys speak?

Comment

Hi. I don't know where are the logs now. I got a copy some time ago when I saw them somewhere on the web. They were scans of 80's Jackson's data base, but only Jxxxx numbers. I think there would be other data base with RRxxxx numbers and that's what I need! Someone have them?

Comment

Well good thing you know its the real deal.Keep the W/O number handy someday those logs will turn up.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              What/where are these J1000 logs of which you guys speak?

The logbook entries for the first 1000 guitars. They're online in a few places. Here's Henrik's page:

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...s_1983_1985%2F

Comment

Working...
              X