Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value?

Hey everybody!

I have a white 1984 with black hardware and Kahler, SN: J3546. I wanted to know what a real world value would be. I've replaced the bridge pickup with a 57 Classic Plus, and simplified the electronics. When I bought it, it had crazy coil taps ect. I still have the pots and switches, but not the original pickup, and will include everything I can find when I sell her. Just thought someone here could tell me what a fair asking price should be.

Thanks
    B

What the fuck is it? A Soloist, a Kelly, an Explorer, geeze, think about what you post before you do. How about the condition, color/graphics, etc. J3546 only tells us it's a neck through Custom Shop...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

J3546 is from the later part of 1987 & made in Ontario.. I'm gonna go with the assumption its a soloist for the moment since the odds favor it & you didnt mention which model ya have. I bought 2 similar solists recently & 84 & an 85 for under 900 each on ebay. I woldnt expect much more or less than that for any Kahler equipped Soloist unless it was a unique color or had some unique features
      http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

A soloist. WHITE w/No graphics, flawless condition. Thanks J_A
        Last edited by mixcore1970; 05-31-2011, 12:12 PM.

Comment

See you on da 'bay!

Comment

Are you advertising it for sale here?
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

nothing yet. I need to have it set up, and some fret work done, but after I get her it tip top shape that, yes I will post here first. Sorry for my first post, had my year wrong, and I assumed all the early years were soloists....They were the only ones I cared about back then.

Comment

You might wanna become a Platinum member. Use the classifieds section and people may be interested.
                Last edited by wilkinsi; 05-31-2011, 03:20 PM.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yeah, might wanna
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No, don't put it in the Classifieds. Simply put it on Ebay and let everyone who is interested bid on it.

Kahlers do not increase value. The only Jackson they don't ruin the resale on is a KV Pro or KV1. Mostly because it's the Dave Mustaine model and secondly because it's a non-trem, which means it can be changed out for another bridge type without worrying about a body hole.

Yes, it's a White Soloist from the 80s. It's still not all that special because there's never been that "one special player" associated with a White Soloist. Had it been Pink (and Floyded), you might get the Jeff Beck link. Had it been a black 2-hum, you might get the Jeff Hanneman link. As it is right now, you might get a Nelson link, but I think theirs had graphics.

So I'd be surprised if it went over $1000, even if it's in mint condition. I'm betting the skinflint bastards won't cough up more than $850 for it.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      I'm betting the skinflint bastards won't cough up more than $850 for it.

Hey i resemble that remark ! lol
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Originally posted by J_A / 540s View Post
                        Hey i resemble that remark ! lol
                        Me too....

It would have been worth more to me if the original super selector was in it. Even then I wouldn't be looking to spend more than $850 (providing it has the orignal undamaged case). I spent alot less on my white 86 soloist.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have 2 of them, and even at 800+, thats a new set of leaf springs for the truck, and I'll still have one left over. After I get it setup, I'll throw it up on ebay, or I might offer it up at the School of Rock I mix at. There are a few well off kids whose parents may buy it for them.

I didn't think the Kahler increased its value, (personally never liked them) and I had never seen any top players playing one and don't expect any "player association" to increase value....Unless I give it to a real rock star I know, but I don't think she would be interested. She's a Gibson girl.

I didn't know all those switches were a "super selector", but I have all of them, just not installed, and the case is perfect as well.

Comment

Ah, you have the micro switches on yours? I thought you were describing a super selector for doing the coil taps etc in a 5 way selector.

Comment

Yep. 4 tiny toggle switches. I thought they were for coil taps. Never really played with them. I pulled them when I first bought the guitars. I wanted everything to be simple....

Comment

Working...
                              X