What do you think of this CS soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
    Weird that it's an Archtop but has a "J" serial. Never seen that on a Custom AT Soloist. All have had the "JA" serials...
    I've come across several non-JA archtops.
    Then to boot, there's been several non-soloist archtops (Death Warrior?, Teles... with JA serials which I'd think should have been stamped with just J####

Comment

I like the arch, but I really don't care for maple boards on neckthrus for some reason, and I REALLY don't care for abalone in any form.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

It gives me an idea, though. Is tortoise shell completely illegal these days or just rare and expensive? I think tortoise shell sharkies on Birdseye Maple would look killer.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
          It gives me an idea, though. Is tortoise shell completely illegal these days or just rare and expensive? I think tortoise shell sharkies on Birdseye Maple would look killer.
          I believe there was some Custom Shop Model at NAMM that had tortoise binding last year, but I can't remember if the inlays were tortoise, also.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yep, I remember a solar tele/willy with tort binding. It's not real tort, of course.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I have been wanting to order a CS for a while but can't make up my mind on some of the options. I do plan to use the guitar generator at some point to lay one out. What I like about this guitar is the fact that I doubt any other will ever be the exact same. And, while I would never order one this way it sure came out awesome. So......I bought it

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rocks View Post
                I have been wanting to order a CS for a while but can't make up my mind on some of the options. I do plan to use the guitar generator at some point to lay one out. What I like about this guitar is the fact that I doubt any other will ever be the exact same. And, while I would never order one this way it sure came out awesome. So......I bought it
                I was going to say I really like it. Not options I would have put together but after seeing it, I sort of like it all. So to you I say congrats! I think its a great score and cant wait for your personal review.
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Working...
                X