Need help with ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with ID

Hey guys! Hopefully this is the right place to look for help. Well, back in 06 i was in SoCal and i picked up this guitar (see pic ) The guy said it was valued at around 1k, but sold it for 300 because it was a floor model and had some cosmetic damage mostly on the bottom (paint chipped, small crack, scratches on the back from playing with keys on or something) Also, on the i guess frame that holds the pickups in place is cracked from what looks like being screwed down too tight. It plays amazing fortunately. No major damage looking at it while playing, but up close you can tell.
    Ok, enough of that. It has some interesting features which are kind of tricky for me to properly identify the exact model. It has 2 tone 1 vol dials, 3 position switch, JT390 STB bridge and what appear to be SD open coil pickups. The SN on the back is 9666891. Now from the research ive done, its almost a cross between the dinky dkmgt and the soloist. The odd differences are the pickups, fretboard graphics and 3 dial design.

Not sure if this would be the right forum to place this in, but its worth a shot. So anyone who has an idea of what model this is, date or anything, it would be greatly appreciated. Plus its a good test of knowledge

I can post more pics if it would help.
    Thanks, jon.

tl;dr, identify this guitar.

It's a DKMGT... someone swapped out the pickups.
    -Rick

Comment

Awesome! Thank you! I can pull out the pickups and see what kind those are. Now any idea on the year and/or value?

Comment

Yep Yep! What rjohnstone said!

Comment

Working...
        X