Soloist ID Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist ID Help

Ok so I was at Sam Ash today and I saw a red Jackson Soloist that caught my eye. Reason being, it had a Kahler tremolo. The guitar did not seem modified at all, it was of course neckthrough, but the neck was rather thick, hell my import Charvel's neck is MUCH thinner. The serial number stamped at the top of the fretboard was 0998. It had a volume and tone control, 2 unbadged humbucking pickups etc. Its pretty much this guitar, but with 1 volume, 1 tone, a 3 way toggle switch, and a neck humbucker. I'm interested in buying it and I wanna know if its worth the 900 bucks they're asking for it.

0998? Was there a J in front of the numbers?

Either way, the Kahler would indicate an 80's model, though which Kahler, the top mounted or the Spyder (Floydish)?

If it has dot inlays, it's a Soloist Student. If it has fins, it's a Soloist Custom.

As for if it's worth the price, that's up to you. Do you want to pay that price for that guitar?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
    X