Cherry Sunburst Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry Sunburst Strat

So I got a tip a while back that there was a Jackson Strat for sale at the West Palm Beach, Florida Guitar Center (thx Jacksonluvr! ). I got a decent deal on it, but nothing to write home about. This is sort of humorous, because it is the first solidbody I've ever purchased from a GC. I'm not drinking the GC Hatoraid here, just sayin'...

All in all, a nice score. This baby just got out of the shop. The condition is damn good, DAMN good...perhaps in the top three of my collection that way. I think the previous owner used razorblades for picks...but the scratches on the body all buffed out. Everything is bone stock. I normally toss those JT6 bars right away, but this one is actually nice and tight. This guitar is a bit of a sleeper. It looks to have a gentlemanly, civilized Fender vibe, perhaps a guitar to be gently strummed while having a brandy...but you plug it in...FUCK YOU, BRUTAL J90C TO THE FACE!! (I'm a bit surprised it didn't come with a J50 ).

I was thinking possible Jack Butler refin project here with the maple board and H-H config, but the burst looks killer all cleaned up and I'm keeping it as-is.

The trem cavity has "Cherry Sunburst" written in it. It looks more like an amber burst or something to me, but whatever. Either way, it looks to be an ash body.

That is one hell of a shred stick you have there. How does the neck profile compare to a modern soloist profile?

Comment

Is that one of them there technically Jackson logo'd Charvels?
      Or did those come with a Charvel neckplate?
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Do NOT refin that guitar, that thing is badass man.

Was there a date in the neck pocket? Serial puts it in the 87-89 date range I guess. (Way to narrow it down on your website there Jackson )

Is the neck pickup a J-90c as well?
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrider29 View Post
          That is one hell of a shred stick you have there. How does the neck profile compare to a modern soloist profile?
          There aren't many USA Jacksons around these parts, and I've only played a Soloist maybe once or twice over a decade ago (and my memory isn't that good )

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
          Is that one of them there technically Jackson logo'd Charvels?
          Or did those come with a Charvel neckplate?
          It is a Jackson Strat. I believe they are very close to the original pointy Charvels, except with JT6's and Jackson branding. Take that with a grain of salt though, because I've never even touched a vintage USA Charvel. :dunno:

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          Do NOT refin that guitar, that thing is badass man.

Was there a date in the neck pocket? Serial puts it in the 87-89 date range I guess. (Way to narrow it down on your website there Jackson )

It is an '88. No worries, the refin is off the table. The original Guitar Center pics were CRAP, so that was just a Plan B in case it was a wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Argh, I forgot to peek under there...it's ohming out at 8 ohms and sounds like a J50N...so I'm going with that.

Comment

That's a classy looking guitar. Burst with maple board looks killer.

Comment

Very nice piece for sure.. Very classy yet shred-er-ific. Very Cool!
                John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  Argh, I forgot to peek under there...it's ohming out at 8 ohms and sounds like a J50N...so I'm going with that.
                  That would make the most sense.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

geez, that is TIGHT!!! Where can I find me one?
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Amazing. Me jealous!

Comment

another nice score.
                        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

That is a nice one looks like an ash body by looking at the grain, great score.
                          J 90-C would be my choice for a bridge pick up.Whats it weigh?My 87 Maple super strat is close to 11 lbs.
                          Good God Gertie I love that guitar!
                          Last edited by straycat; 06-12-2011, 08:48 PM.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It looks to be around 8 lbs.

Comment

Classy. I dig it.
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X