Ngd - jackson custom shop - celebrity owned guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd - jackson custom shop - celebrity owned guitar

Hey guys, I wanted to share my latest acquisition with everyone.

Here's the story on this guitar.

I happened to be browsing the net and found this guitar for sale at GC in Arlington, TX. I called and spoke to the sales guy on the phone and he gave me the rundown on the guitar. He said that this guitar was built for and belonged to Jim Root of Slipknot. Before Jim decided to go with Fender for his signature series, FMIC made him (3) guitars, a Charvel, a Fender, and this Custom Shop Jackson. He later decided to stick with the Fender of course but this was one of the guitars built for him to play and decide which brand to go with. He said that they acquired it through a mutual friend. The Charvel was just up for sale yesterday on Craigslist in Nashville, TN and looks almost identical but the seller has since cancelled the posting. I called FMIC to get some info on the guitar. I didn't give the guy on the phone any info except the serial number because I wanted to see what he said. As soon as I gave the guy the serial number he said " Hmmm.... this is not your average custom shop guitar is it?" I said " Why not?" He said " Well because it looks like a special build of some sort." I asked him if he knew who this guitar was built for but he said he didn't have that information." But he did give me all the correct specs that match the guitar. So anyway, I have no way to confirm it but I have to say that this is one of the best sounding and playing instruments I have ever owned. I have to admit that I am really not that familiar with Slipknot, maybe someone here knows something about this particular guitar? It just has a 4 digit serial number, no letter before the numbers.

Here's some pics: http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...Custom%20Shop/
    Last edited by at0micpunk; 07-12-2011, 01:15 AM.

Cool guitar, and I think I've seen it before on CL etc.

For interest - All custom shop bolt-ons get 4 digit serial numbers. They built Jim way more than 1 Charvel - he had a bunch of pointies before moving onto stratheads. He has some 'history' with Jackson as well, but that's another story...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Do they look up serials now? I thought they stopped doing that?

Comment

The guitar (the Charvel version) sat in GC Nashville for quite a while. Overpriced ($1700) and too banged up. It was ok, but nothing to get excited over. I could have sworn it had gold hardware and a V-Trem.
        Last edited by DonP; 06-19-2011, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Nice find. I was just in the arlington gc a week ago. Cute little red head in parts. Needless to say I bought some stuff I didn't need., lol

Comment

Nice fiddle

Comment

That's cool! Not exactly what I'd request if I had the Custom Shop's attention, but if I saw it at GC, I'd definately be paying attention to it.

And yeah Slipknot crushes. I'm not a huge fan, but they definately have skills. I was skeptical at first, since they seemed kinda gimmicky and the (earlier) stuff I heard on the radio lacked solos. Then I saw some live videos of them and heard some other non-radio stuff and was definately impressed. Them boys can play, NO doubt about it.

Comment

So if that was for Jim and he went with Jackson, would that mean we would now have a production guitar with a maple board and a pointy head....damn!

Comment

Cool story. Dots look odd, though.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    Cool story. Dots look odd, though.
                    Yea, they are the smaller dots. Not the regular standard size.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeSVO View Post
                      That's cool! Not exactly what I'd request if I had the Custom Shop's attention, but if I saw it at GC, I'd definately be paying attention to it.

And yeah Slipknot crushes. I'm not a huge fan, but they definately have skills. I was skeptical at first, since they seemed kinda gimmicky and the (earlier) stuff I heard on the radio lacked solos. Then I saw some live videos of them and heard some other non-radio stuff and was definately impressed. Them boys can play, NO doubt about it.
                      Yea, it wouldn't be my first choice either if I was having a custom shop guitar built but I have to tell you, this guitar sounds and plays like no other DK I've ever played, the tone even blows away my sl2h. The body is very light but yet the tone on this guitar is HUGE. Maybe it's the string thru design? I wonder if there is any difference between "Custom Shop" builds and "Custom Shop built for artists" guitars. In other words, if I'm Joe Schmoe and have a custom shop Jackson built and if I'm Scott Ian or Jim Root and I order the same exact guitar, will the build quality be identical? I would assume that a "Custom Shop" built for an artist would have the highest possible attention to detail and the absolute best quality woods available. Any opinions on that?

Comment

Serious shred machine. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeSVO View Post
                          definately
                          definately
                          definately
                          I definitely hope you will spell definitely correctly from now on.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by at0micpunk View Post
                            I would assume that a "Custom Shop" built for an artist would have the highest possible attention to detail and the absolute best quality woods available. Any opinions on that?
                            Professional players see them as tools, guys like us (well, most of us) see them as treasures
                            Though endorsees may have priority on production, I do not think they get better axes than everyone else (at equal price ofcourse)
                            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Nice little earner there, if someone hits the BIN...
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                              X