96 soloist... what color is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 soloist... what color is this?

just thought i'd share. back in the Jackson gang!

here's some pics. its in awesome shape (fingerprint smudges show though). one tiny ding on the neck, frets are like new! scored it for 900, so i had to snag it. plays great and sounds awesome.

has all the original papers and case, tools, etc.

Question though... what color is BGP? its kinda blue-green, so is it Blue Green Pearl?

anyways, figured you might enjoy, even though the pics suck.

Originally posted by PeteL View Post
    Blue Green Pearl?
    That is it; here's a previous thread: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/90422-Colour-BGP
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Crap, sorry!

Ok, I guess search-fail strikes again,..

Thanks man!

Comment

hmmm, did a little research, guess it's a SL2-S, import hardware and pickups and no binding but otherwise it's still USA-made on the same line that the sl1 was made? were the SL1 models MOP logo instead of painted?

didn't bother me none, kicks ass! but is 900 too much for it? near-mint condition, original case, tags, bar, etc.

thanks!
        Last edited by PeteL; 06-20-2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteL View Post
          guess it's a SL2-S, import hardware and pickups and no binding but otherwise it's still USA-made on the same line that the sl1 was made?
          Yes, it's a SL2-S (rare!) and yes, same line as SL1. http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1996Page03.jpg

were the SL1 models MOP logo instead of painted?
          Yes, I have a '96 SL1.

but is 900 too much for it? near-mint condition, original case, tags, bar, etc.

thanks!
          IMO that is a bit high. Try for 700-800 range.

Comment

that color is called blue.
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Hmmm, making me wonder if I should have sprung the extra 200 for an SL2h. Better pickups and trem. I don't care about the binding really, but the better hardware might have been worth it money-wise...

Played them both and the one i got was much lighter and just felt a little bit, "better", all around? Hard to explain. BUt I walked with one and left the other behind.

Any thoughts? just worried maybe i got ripped money-wise/
              Thanks, you guys are a great resource, always have been!
              Last edited by PeteL; 06-21-2011, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                that color is called blue.
                Shaddup, you

Comment

Took back blue, got a nearly-brand-new (3 months old for 900 off street price of a new one) SL2h.

Plain jane as they come, but it is great. Pickups sound better and trem is an OFR now, I guess it's the little things that matter

Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by PeteL; 06-22-2011, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Crank out some SLAYERRRRRRR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Crank out some SLAYERRRRRRR!!!
                      haha!Oh there's been non-stop War Ensemble going on! thought hanneman's been using ESP for years now? did when i saw them last winter....

On a serious note though (seirously, slayer does rock!) this is a MEAN machine. inspiring me to get back into metal shredding, got lots of practicing to get chops back up to par! it sounds great clean and crunchy too, just just a pure shred machine, im really impressed!

also, been reading up on jackson guitars lately (was on the old JCF back in 2000-2003) and people question the quality since Fender bought Jackson (didnt even know they were bought) but seriously? this soloist is great! dropped it off for a quickie setup at my tech and he is notoriously OCD and always finds the flaws before he works on anything, he said aside from two small scratches (he buffed them out, yeah, very OCD) there was nothing he could find.

good enough for me!

anyone have a favorite pickup set in these sl2h? i like the stock duncans a lot! some people use dimarzio i see, dunno why but i might try some others in the coming months. but if it ain't broke...
                      Last edited by PeteL; 06-22-2011, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X