NGD... Custom Shop Death Angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD... Custom Shop Death Angel

Haven't been on here for a good while,... Did you miss me? You remember me right!?... Responsible for such classic lines as,

"Can you ship to Ireland"
    "Thats killer looking dude, nice score"

And my personal favorite,

"PM'd"

Hello again!!! Some good news. My CS order from 2009 finally arrived today. Here is some info and the specs... I'm blown away by it

BODY : Mahogany with 3/4inch Quilted Maple top / Natural Body Binding
    HEADSTOCK : Regular / Matching headstock
    NECK : Mahogany
    FINGERBOARD : Ebony
    INLAYS : Reverse sharkfins MOP
    LOGO COLOR : Pearl with 80 percent size logo
    FRET WIRE: Small
    BINDING : Ivoroid
    NECK BACKSHAPE : Speed Neck Profile
    HARDWARE COLOR : Black
    TUNERS : Sperzel Locking
    BRIDGE : Kahler 3330 fixed
    NUT : Bone Nut
    JACK TYPE : Oval Plate on Lower Horn
    STRAP BUTTON : Standard Jackson 17mm
    KNOBS : Metal Dome
    PICKUP CONFIG : Single Hum, One volume
    BEZELS : Black
    PICKUP : BKP Painkiller
    COLOR : Trans Black

The guitar is amazing! Easily the most comfortable Jackson I have ever played standing or sitting. No Neck dive at all, perfectly balanced. Its pretty light but I have definitely owned lighter Jacksons. Its just a little heavier than the KV 1 I used to own.

Unfortunately there is a finish flaw, see the last picture below. I have emailed the dealer about it and I'm waiting for a response. Its a hairline crack under the clearcoat. Annoying to say the least!!!

The G&G case was harder to open than a nuns legs!!! Luckily some of the gents on JGP pointed out the obvious to me I'm still struggling with it, one of the latches is nearly impossible to open!!! Very annoying!!

Anyway, Here it is

Sorry... Iphone quality pictures,

Here is the crack. Starts on the ivoroid binding just where the natural binding finishes at the neck.

That fucking Banjo on the right of the page is awesome. My post has been "caught in the crossfire" so to speak. Just scroll across at the bottom of the post to see the pics in full, bit of a pain. Sorry for the moan!!!

Comment

Congrats! That's a nice tubular top and the natural binding effect really enhances it. Cool to see a Kahler on one as well. I don't remember seeing a Kahler'd Death Angel as of yet.
      Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

I agree, that binding does work really well with the top. Love the single hum single volume knob layout too.

Comment

Nice guitar and finish. For what you probably paid for it, I'd be pretty pissed that the flaw with the finish made it through the inspection line. I'd definitely say something about it.

Comment

Sweet guitar! Great looking quilt top.

Comment

Yup, the crack in the finish is a bummer to put it mildly!!! The case is a very tight fit on the body of the guitar. You have to really push it into the mold, not hard but much tighter than any of Jackson hardcases / SKBs I've owned over the years. The dealer inspected the guitar before shipping and it was perfect. Obviously it took a few knocks in transit with Fedex, nothing major as the packaging and case were fine, but the mold is so tight around the body of the guitar it may have put undue stress on that particular area. I'll never know!!!

Comment

Nice guitar! How are you liking the speed neck?

Comment

The neck is killer and feels even faster with the small frets! I have owned some KV 1s and KV 2s and loved the necks on them. My favorite Jackson neck profile for sure! Instead of curing my GAS this guitar has made it worse!

Comment

What a killer and gorgeous looking guitar you have there bro, congrats. Death Angels look their best only with single Hums IMO...
                    Sorry for my ignorance, but what's the difference between speed necks and regular Jackson neck thrus, are they any thinner, or more roundish?
                    -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Its not as rounded as a WR1 neck. If any shops near you have a KV2 check one out, the neck is just so sleek and easy to move around on, wouldn't be Ibanez thin but its a much more comfortable neck. Different strokes for different folks of course. I've have gotten too used to the speed neck profiles though, I struggle for a few days when I go back to any other of my guitars :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mjkv1 View Post
                        Its not as rounded as a WR1 neck. If any shops near you have a KV2 check one out, the neck is just so sleek and easy to move around on, wouldn't be Ibanez thin but its a much more comfortable neck. Different strokes for different folks of course. I've have gotten too used to the speed neck profiles though, I struggle for a few days when I go back to any other of my guitars :-)
                        Sadly, I haven't seen many USA Jacksons (if any) around San Francisco lately, even my WR1 had to buy it through an online dealer, so much for a "Thrashing epicenter", hey! Having said that, the WR1 has one of the best and most comfortable necks I've ever played, and the fusion Pro that I've got has one of the slimmest and easiest necks I've ever experienced from Jackson due do its 24.75" scale, however it feels so fragile in comparison to the WR1's.
                        Now, I'm very intrigued with the KV2's neck after what you've just said, and I've always been GASing for one, but not until I buy me a second WR1 first. Thank you much for in the info though, I appreciate it.
                        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

No Prob. There are so many good deals out there at the moment on KVs. Lots of them popping up on ebay all the time. Sit tight and you'll get one for between 1000 - 1400 depending on condition. Warriors are killer guitars indeed!!! I traded mine for a KE1 a few years ago. I'd love a speed neck warrior. Could be a future CS order.

Comment

Originally posted by mjkv1 View Post
                            Yup, the crack in the finish is a bummer to put it mildly!!! The case is a very tight fit on the body of the guitar. You have to really push it into the mold, not hard but much tighter than any of Jackson hardcases / SKBs I've owned over the years. The dealer inspected the guitar before shipping and it was perfect. Obviously it took a few knocks in transit with Fedex, nothing major as the packaging and case were fine, but the mold is so tight around the body of the guitar it may have put undue stress on that particular area. I'll never know!!!
                            That is probably what happened to it. I doubt it would have left the factory like that, but the way it was in the case combined with the fact they shipped it oversees to Ireland could have damaged it in route. Sorry to hear that man, but great looking guitar nonetheless.

Comment

Looks great. Love the specs. Shame about the finish crack

Comment

Working...
                              X