ontario custom sho help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ontario custom sho help

found this guitar at a yard sale. had a blue dk type body an ontario 7079 neck plate and a reverse headstock with a snake skin graphic and on the neck when i took it apart there was a custom shop stamp on the neck heel. my question is . would they paint such a graphic put the jackson name on it and not the made in usa .? i have never seen a neck that was a custom shop deal that didnt say made in usa.

They are plenty of examples where the didn't put made in USA on the headstock
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      Wow, I have never seen one. Not sayin you are wrong, I just have not seen one myself.

Comment

Pics!!!!!!!

Comment

IMG_1397.JPGIMG_1396.JPGIMG_1395.JPGIMG_1394.JPG

so is it the real deal or a cleaver fake ??? its quite hefty feeling . i dont have another jackson neck this weighty

Comment

+1. I think they did that around '89, but you could always order a custom and not have it or the custom shop logo.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice, I'd say it's the real deal. How about pics of the whole guitar?

Comment

i do not have the whole guitar just the neck and neck plate. it was bolted to a 2000 ish dk type body and he said he could never get it to tune or innotate. gee i wonder why. LOL anyways i wish i had the body. i guess if its the real deal i will search for a period correct body something with a single hum and see if i can get a air brush sorta match and try to bring it back to life. the body went to a friend of mine who happened to have a 24 fret neck for the dk body.
                i only have to importjacksons myself one is a fusion hum hum professional and the other is a parts rig. i took a dk erride des body and installed a really nice 91 25.5 scale professional neck on it one of the nice ones with the mop inlay and the thick deck . just havent finished it yet. anyone have a period correct body for this neck single hum to let me pry your fingers off of.?

Comment

God I need this neck and plate lol
                  Haters gonna hate
                  Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Me too.
                    BTW they were all custom guitars then they had no production line guitars until 1990
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

sorry guys i just mailed the neck to kne they are going to build me a body that i want and match the snakeskin on the headstock all for 300 bucks.

Comment

Me too.
                        BTW they were all custom guitars then they had no production line guitars until 1990

Is that when they started USA production? or was that just the Japanese Pro line?

Comment

Originally posted by church2224 View Post
                          Is that when they started USA production? or was that just the Japanese Pro line?
                          Both. Spring of 1990, right after Grover Jackson left in the late fall of 1989...
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

LOL now im confused. is the neck a usa made neck or a japan neck. ? i sent the plate off with the neck to have a body painted to match the headstock but i think the serial was 7079 i know it started with a 7 for sure.

Comment

Working...
                            X