Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting KV2T I have.. When i forgot i did! I need rest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting KV2T I have.. When i forgot i did! I need rest...

So i bought this awhile back and kinda forgot about it.. It was in a gig bag at my office. Orginal plan since its beat up is to have a fresh coat of paint put on it and since i was unloading some guitars i dont play for something very very special. i was diggin around to see what i have up here and whoops.. nice guitar!!

but i started noticing some differences in this KV2T compared to my Snow white one i just sold and my 25.5 scale ones..

First. there are no recessed strap locks.. and something that stuck out like a sore thumb is the Made in USA logo is in the wrong spot.. Compared to the 4 other KV2T's i have.

Serial is about a 2004 build U14135 could be 2005 but hard to tell.

Anyways im just going to clean her up really good. re string her and maybe sell her to someone.. or trade..

What do you guys think? Newb employee?

One with the MOP logo is the snow white and like all my other KV2T USA logos.

No big deal you will find the Made in USA logo in different places sometimes.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah., Just kinda cool. Ill prolly be putting this one up soon FSOT..take it home and see how she acts..

Comment

You bought a KV2 and forgot about it.....sweet lord man!

Comment

Sometimes when i buy things im not supposed to. i have to keep em up here from the misses.. LOL then gradually bring them home and stuff em in my room..

Comment

Abalone logo instead of MOP. Maybe a custom shop build?
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
              Sometimes when i buy things im not supposed to. i have to keep em up here from the misses.. LOL then gradually bring them home and stuff em in my room..
              Unfortunately, this is my life too. The good news is that once the count got over 20, she couldn't keep track of them anymore.

The conversation goes something like this:
              Wife - "When did you get that one?"
              Me - "Oh, this old thing. I've had it for years."

Comment

Well. I dont think so. The first runs have Abalone and ive seen a few that have them too.. that absinthe frost with the white emgs on ebay is serial U20514 and its also abalone, Maybe they switched shortly afterwards around that build time. ??

It just looks like they put the logo Jackson and Made in USA in the wrong spot on the headstock. Slip of the template LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                  Unfortunately, this is my life too. The good news is that once the count got over 20, she couldn't keep track of them anymore.

The conversation goes something like this:
                  Wife - "When did you get that one?"
                  Me - "Oh, this old thing. I've had it for years."
                  Yes sir.. I still havent told her about the LP Custom i bought.. LOL I just keep it in the case and only mess with it when im alone.. Ill break it into the scene soon.. because I need to do some work on it... HEHEHEHEH

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                    Yes sir.. I still havent told her about the LP Custom i bought.. LOL I just keep it in the case and only mess with it when im alone.. Ill break it into the scene soon.. because I need to do some work on it... HEHEHEHEH
                    YES, Oh and the projects have to be hidden too. I've got four going now that are in 'ninja/stealth' mode so it's pretty slow going.

Comment

Rough shape eh? Thats right up my alley! If you decide to sell, hit me up.
                      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Alrighty Rob. Its vintage creme. cant really tell from the pics. but ill pm you. Taking it home tonight to polish the frets up. they oxidized.

Comment

Ah, I wasn't sure if these had abalone normally or not because I've seen both.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I just cant get over the straplocks. lol. supposed to have flushmounted ones. not a big deal. just all kinds of weird on this one..

Comment

I just tell my wife if she wants new shoes I get a new guitar.
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                              X