Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson SL2H neck compared to USA Charvel???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At my next string change I'll hit both models with a digital caliper. Probably at the 1st, 3rd, and 12th frets since those are common points of measure. Newc is definitely right though, something as small as 1/32" can be noticeable.

Comment

I own Charvel USA promods as well several USA Soloists & the necks are quite different. Honestly I love them all-the unfinished maple Charvels necks are smooth & the contour is very comfortable & just feels "broken in" right out of the box (hope that makes sense). The Soloists do feel wider but still very comfortable & the neck thru design is awesome for playing up top. The finished neck doesn't bother me unless it's really hot & humid then my hand does want to stick quite a bit. Not a big deal because when it's that hot & humid I just gig the Charvels! Just like anything though, all a matter of what works for you.

Comment

Some people prefer thicker necks. Especially if you have bigger hands. When I play smaller necks my hands cramp up.
        2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
        Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Agreed on the cramping. I have an old Fusion Pro, and that neck is one of the thinnest I've played, or at least it feels that way. I end up wrapping my thumb around the top of the neck because of it, even though I really need it behind the neck for some scales.

Comment

Working...
          X