Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the D-Tuna work on Jackson Soloist SL1/SL2H?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the D-Tuna work on Jackson Soloist SL1/SL2H?

The bridge looks to sit fairly deep into the route on these. Does anyone know if the D-Tuna can fit w/out any mods?

D-Tuna works properly when the Floyd is dead(blocked). You might have to stick something underneath the Floyd-Reccess Routing. Usually it's good to stick something that does not scratch the wood. I've used papers. Careful tho, It should be really dense so it can not be squeezed by the pressure caused by tension of the string. I saw one of my friend putting AAA size battery in it.

Comment

The D-Tuna is not made to work on recessed, floating Floyds. You can, however, block the Floyd with a piece of wood or something so you can divebomb only, then you'll be fine.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

you need to block a floyd for the D tuna to work anyway. so I dont see why it wont work on a recessed trem.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Try taping a bunch of coins together until you get the right thickness then attach it to the trem block via double sided tape. I block my SL2H to dive only but I'm also not a fan of the D-Tuna.

Comment

Yes, I would definitel block the trem. I have a Fender Trem blocker in my Charvel that works great and a D-Tuna that really works well. My real concern was with the recessed Floyd on the Soloist and whether there is enough clearance for the D-Tuna. So there is room, yes?

Comment

I just block my Floyds on all my guitars so it's a dive only, so in the case of a string breakage I can keep playing. I always use the fine tuner to go between E and D on the top string.
              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrous12 View Post
                Yes, I would definitel block the trem. I have a Fender Trem blocker in my Charvel that works great and a D-Tuna that really works well. My real concern was with the recessed Floyd on the Soloist and whether there is enough clearance for the D-Tuna. So there is room, yes?
                There should be room. If not, then you'd have to route a little of the body for the D-Tuna. I recall seeing a guitar routed for a D-Tuna once because of that issue, but I don't think it was a Jackson or Charvel.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                  I just block my Floyds on all my guitars so it's a dive only, so in the case of a string breakage I can keep playing. I always use the fine tuner to go between E and D on the top string.
                  The fine tuner trick works great and is a "poor man's D-Tuna".

Comment

I didn't think the fine tuners had enough travel to go a full step. Thanks for all the feedback guys. Its not a deal breaker, I am just trying to learn what I can and can't do with one if these.

Comment

Working...
                    X