NGD! Finally found the V for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! Finally found the V for me!

Well, after having owned several Gibson Vs and a Mustaine Pro and a KV2 and a KVX10 and KV3 and a couple of Rhoadses and Big Red, not to mention the Vantage Matsumoku-era V in the corner, I think I've finally found a V that works for me:

Thanks to Corpsegrinder for this one

Seems the short-scale works better. Whoda thunk?

And as an aside, many years ago I did this crapass mockup of a custom Gibson V I wanted built:

Alpine White V with split parallelogram inlays, chrome hardware, etc etc.

Aside from the matching headstock, this KV2T is pretty much what I had in mind
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Nice to hear that it stayed in the JCF family.

Comment

Nice! I really am a fan of the KV2T; love the inlays, and I think that headstock goes very well with it.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Nice score, white and gold hardware is a killer combo!!!

Comment

Congrats, Newc! Looks like a real nice KV2T you got there. IMHO, white w/chrome or gold hardware always works well on Vs. Just classic.

Personally, I would prefer the return of Jackson Roundhorn Vs or even the Y2KV. If wishes were horses, though, 'ya know?

Comment

Yeah, but at least they now have a V with the SLS head, so I'm ok with that

I had one of those Y2KV bolt-on imports - hated it. Board felt a mile wide. The rosewood was way too light as well. Didn't look right with fins on it.
            Other than that and playing like shit, it wasn't a bad guitar
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Although I'm not a big fan of the smurfy headstocks, I believe it looks great with your new Axe. White with gold hardware and MOP block inlays make it a classy beast. Much better looking than the Gibson flying Vs IMO. Congrats.
              -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Actually it's chrome hardware. Bad lighting in the hallway there

Though I do have a gold TOM. Hmmmmm.....

Comment

Nice grab Matt - I was halfway tempted by that one, so it's good to see it's gone to a good home. Black hardware would look sweet on it though
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                    Nice grab Matt - I was halfway tempted by that one, so it's good to see it's gone to a good home. Black hardware would look sweet on it though
                    I agree it would look cool with black hardware, I would want to keep the pearl tuner keys though.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nah, I'm sticking with the chrome. B&W may look Stormtroopered, but it's still plastic

Not digging the EMGs at all, though. I changed the bridge 81 for an 85 and it really didn't help. Still got "that EMG sound".

Thinking about maybe Custom/Jazz in creme rings, with the Jazz wired for parallel.

Or maybe Custom/JB, with the JB in the neck.

Hmmmm....

Comment

Are the EMG's quick connect? Try Blackouts?
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice guitar! I love that headstock and I don't understand all the hate for it. Smurfs? WTF?! I see a cool looking blade.

Comment

Glad she got there safe... I have some duncans ill swap you out for on the emgs.

Pm me and ill go through my drawer and get a list together..

Comment

Cool.

I swapped them out for a Custom and 59n, with the 59 wired for parallel (better for cleans, and bubbly like a Strat for leads).

Comment

Working...
                              X