KE1T Kelly Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KE1T Kelly Question?

I've been a fan Megadeth since the early 90s.
    In the past two years, I started revisiting the KE1 line.

The past few months, I've started to specifically Admire the KE1T (string thru) models more than the Kahlers.
    Looking thru the old catalogs helps, but there is...not much written about them.

The Black and Transparent Black KE1T models (string thru) seem more common than the rare colors: Red KE1T, a Blue Quilt KE1T.

1. Has anyone seen other rare KE1T colors such as Green?

2. Has anyone seen any Pearl White KE1Ts or know how many were made?

3. I am thinking of ordering a Custom Shop / Pearl White KE1T. Any idea how much custom-shop Kellys cost w/ KE1T specs?
    Last edited by MF KE-1; 07-03-2011, 12:51 AM.

I have one in sunburst (flame maple top).I also prefer the string thru construction.Great guitar with an excellent neck profile.
    Guitars: Jackson KE-1, JRS-1, SL-1 / Charvel 750XL / Gibson Les Paul Standard

Comment

Wow, you've got good taste!!!! I've got a 'few' kellys tucked away, I'm a floyd whore though
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

HotRiff,
        WHOA -- I was shocked to see the sunburst KE1T...did not know they existed. Did you know if that was produced in 1999/2000 or was a one-off custom?
        That is classic!

Comment

KE1Ts are great guitars! I have a trans blue KE1T that I bought new from a dealer in Texas over 10 year ago. At the time, they also had a trans green quilt KE1T for sale. Both were sweet looking but I opted for the trans blue. The green one popped up on Ebay a couple years after that and I almost pulled the trigger on that one but had to pass. The dealer's site also showed an trans amberburst quilt top KE1T that they had sold.

Since I bought mine, I've been keeping an eye out for them. I've only seen 2 other trans blue ones, the trans green, the trans amberburst, a few trans black and a small handful of black ones. I've never seen a white one, let alone a pearl white. In total, I think I've seen about 10 so there are that many of them out there.

A custom shop kelly with KE1T specs would be killer, but pricey. Just get in touch with one of the sponsors here and they can help you with the specs and pricing for a custom shop.

And I can't pass up the opportunity to show off my kelly.

Comment

Jayster,
            That slogan on the bottom of your post is hilarious!

Did you buy any KE1Fs? What design / style are your Kellys?

Comment

Hi Johnny,
              That Blue Quilt guitar is outstanding! So...a Green KE1T does exist too.

Here are 3 KE1Ts:
              1. Friedman auction Pearl White KE1T with a Black Line on the front edge.
              2. another White KE1T w/o the black border edge.
              3. Red KE1T (looks like a quilt pattern).
              http://s569.photobucket.com/albums/ss134/GMCUV7/KE1Ts/

Sadly - None of them are mine
              Interesting -- Jackson seems to have produced more KE1T Colors than i imagined (Red, Blue, White, Sunburst and Green).
              Last edited by MF KE-1; 07-03-2011, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I've had/owned/loved/played and abused just about every type of kelly made.... currently, I'm down to 7. Here's an old pic, some of which have changed hands since then....

Kelly love, it's a beautifull thing.....
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

String-through Kellys kick ass. Not KE1Ts, but you get the idea...

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    String-through Kellys kick ass. Not KE1Ts, but you get the idea...

That sunburst Kelly is kickass!

Comment

I was shocked to see the sunburst KE1T...did not know they existed. Did you know if that was produced in 1999/2000 or was a one-off custom?
                      Mine has the serial no. J 6427.I´m not sure if it´s a custom shop or regular model because it has no body binding.Mine looks like the regular KE 2 but with only the bridge pickup and no Floyd Rose.This guitar sounds and looks great.I bought mine in a music store so it´s no special order from me.Maybe it´s a special edition.If anyone knows more please let me know.
                      The Kellys with only one bridge pickup looks better to me.

2. another White KE1T w/o the black border edge.
                      Pure white looks awesome!
                      Guitars: Jackson KE-1, JRS-1, SL-1 / Charvel 750XL / Gibson Les Paul Standard

Comment

A "J" serial number would mean a custom shop order. It could've been spec'd by the dealer for their own stock or, more likely, the custom shop doing one of their in-house "orphan" custom builds that are made available to dealers.

Comment

An old NAMM pic I've found on the web.

And the Kelly I've sold earlier this year, because of the speed neck, little neck diven and the to small sized body compared to my ESP MX custom in 27",

GAS list >KV2T first batch in black ghost flame, and CS KV / RR in string thru & rearloaded.

Comment

You guys are friggin awesome!! Raef 68, those NAMM Photos are incredible - I've never seen those before. And did not realize they showed the KE1s off that much at NAMM (2000 show?).

Thank you for the pics of these many beautiful Kellys.

HotRiff, can you please post a picture of the headstock and body? I'm very curious to see yours.

Shreddermon, that Sunburst and Redburst are pure Win! What type of Playing Difference have you noticed between the String Thru and other models (kahler or tremolo)?

Jayster, you need to build a vault for those things! Also am very interested to hear your opinion on the Playing Difference between a String Thru, Kahler, and Tremolo?

Comment

Damn.. You guys have me wanting a ke1t now.. Lol

Awesome thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X