Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally! An Explorer. ...and a lot of headache.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, in an email from Swede on May 4 he indicated that he was very happy with the guitar overall so I figured all was good! Just surprised to see this post 3 months after the fact....

Comment

Hmmmm.....
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Maybe if you sharpen up the corners, oh wait then it'll just be a Kelly.
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
          Finally, in an email from Swede on May 4 he indicated that he was very happy with the guitar overall so I figured all was good! Just surprised to see this post 3 months after the fact....
          Well John. As you can see from my post I don't want to accuse anyone of anything, and I do think that it is a beautiful guitar. It will be anyway, when I'm finished with it. And I did write to you immediately after I recieved it, and told you about this... (May 4)
          But I am still disappointed in the fact that it was packed poorly, even though I specifically begged you to secure it in the case. And I don't know what you mean by "plenty of filler material"? Maybe they have opened it in customs, because there were just one layer of cardbord around the case when it arrived?
          I ain't gonna sell this guitar for many years i hope. (I don't buy them to sell them) But instead I want to make it in as good shape as possible. Looking in the rear mirror - yes - I probably payed too much, and there were a lot of issues that probably had stopped me from buying it if I had known about them... But what's done is done, and for me it's all about moving forward.
          S.W.E.D.E.

Comment

But it seems like I've gone down a dead end street on the quest to find the original owner. I've been in contact with Mr. Witte, but all he could tell me was that it was bought by him from Germany. So it seems like I won't be able to find out how it was originally configured. Unless some of you guys have a contact in the Jackson workshop???
            I will post pictures on the progress, but it will probably take some time. My biggest concern is the painting since the white isn't white (it's more like ivory) and the whole guitar is clearcoted with pearl/flake. Most of the other things I will try to do myself...
            S.W.E.D.E.

Comment

Ola...it's all good by me, brother. You did write to me on May 4, then on May 7th told me that you were all good so just going by our private communication.

I can't help with the original owner as I don't think Wayne (Andy Cain) or Mayzan ever found out. Those were the two previous owners that I talked to after buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                Maybe if you sharpen up the corners, oh wait then it'll just be a Kelly.
                Actually it would be an explorer with better upper fret access.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Stupid smart phone
                  Last edited by Newc; 08-09-2011, 08:06 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Stupid smart phone
                    Amen brother amen!!

But I'm with you swede. Although it's cool in it's own right. Id fill in that middle neck pup, make it 2 vols 2 tones. Fill in any extra holes and repaint it.

Be pretty metal then. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post

Id fill in that middle neck pup, make it 2 vols 2 tones. Fill in any extra holes and repaint it.
                      Be pretty metal then. Lol
                      Shure would But I think I will go my own way...
                      My goal is to keep it as close as original as I can. Unfortunately I don't think I will ever find out what it actually looked like original, but I have some ideas on what to do.
                      S.W.E.D.E.

Comment

I'd say leave it as-is. I'm sure it started out as a one-hum-wonder, but after the years of abuse it's already suffered, I'd just leave it alone.

But that's just me.

Comment

I'd say leave it as-is. I'm sure it started out as a one-hum-wonder, but after the years of abuse it's already suffered, I'd just leave it alone.

But that's just me.

+1 Looks awesome, i'd just fix the electroncs if they are not working right.

Comment

I'm sure it started out as a one-hum-wonder
                            Actually, when looking at the routings closely I'm convinced that it was H/S/H from the beginning. But I do think that someone have changed the trem from FR to Schaller at some point. And there have also been a fifth pot installed, but not the center one as you might guess, but the one closest to the bridge???
                            And as I wrote earlier the electronics were a mess... I guess the guy that did that job isn't an electronics engineer
                            S.W.E.D.E.

Comment

Working...
                            X