NGD... 80's strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD... 80's strat

This arrived this morning..late 80's with a Floyd and nut cracker!!!
    I'll take more pics over the weekend but i'm pretty stoked right now!!

Very nice.

Comment

Very nice indeed...love that shade of red!

Comment

way cool, man. congrats
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I fucking love these 80's strats. Is that an unbound ebony board? Also what is a nut cracker (as far as guitars are concerned)?

Comment

Thanks everyone..I'm stuck in work right now and this pic is all I have to keep me going till I get home!!

Originally posted by Deathrider29 View Post
            I fucking love these 80's strats. Is that an unbound ebony board? Also what is a nut cracker (as far as guitars are concerned)?
            Board looks to be ebony with either abalone or mother of pearl inlays..it has some light spots on it that does look a bit rosewoody so I'll take some close ups and let the experts decide!!

A nut cracker is a floyd nut that is attatches to the neck via two screws going through the back of the neck (like on most Ibanez's) they have a habit of splitting the neck if they are over tightened as they are making a potential weak spot weaker (hence the nickname nut cracker!)

Comment

Fucking nice. I bet axewielder is drooling looking at that one.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Love that!
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Congrats that looks pretty clean! It's a good day when you can get one with an OFR.

Comment

Thanks again all...as promised here is more pics...sorry for the delay but i've been a bit erm busy!

The previous owner told me that he got this on Feb 87 , I'm not too sure based on the serial number ..seems a wee bit high for an 87, but very very little in the way of dings, only a slight amount of buckle rash and the usual neck pocket cracks (and they're even small!)

anyways on to the pics..

can't believe I own these two ]

excuse my sexy reflection in this one!

and finally the rosewood/ebony question...Im going with ebony , as you can see from the board near the headstock.

But here are the light spots that I mentioned earlier

Oh an finally ..here are the guts!

Comment

Love it! Congrats.

Comment

Have you pulled the neck off yet? The build date is often written in the neck pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                          and finally the rosewood/ebony question...Im going with ebony , as you can see from the board near the headstock.

But here are the light spots that I mentioned earlier

A lot of manufacturers dye their ebony to have a uniform black look.
                          What you've got looks to be non-dyed ebony with a few streaks, which is common. Congrats on that one!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks Toe and Shredder

Larry I'm far too scared to pull the neck..it plays so well I don't want to screw it up ..... I probably will one day just out of curiosity ..but not right now!!

Comment

Working...
                            X