Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought a USA sl2h online before playing one :/ hope I didn't mess up....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GaJackson View Post
    Does anyone know if the Japanese neck thru Soloist has the same neck size as the USA SL2H? The one I played was a natural color finish and I only played it for about 10 minutes but as far as I remember the neck felt good.
    The neck dimensions should be essentially the same within tolerances. Don't worry, the neck will feel good.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

@racerx- 19 bills..thats what I was looking for. I need to brush up my slang for money.

Thanks again for the comments...i'll update thursday

Comment

If you want to ease your mind, does anyone in your area sell Schecters? What about the B.C. Rich Mockingbird? Those are similar neck profiles, or at least they feel that way to me.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

The store that used to sell schecters is no longer in town but there is a store that sells B.C. Rich. I actually am going there tommorow to pick up a boss effects pedal so I'll see if they carry that particular model.

Actually this brings me to another question. The only good amps I have are 3 fender tube amps (pro sonic, blues deluxe, and blues junior). None of these amps have a good overdrive channel. The pro sonics is ok but not what i'm looking for (as far as high gain). Its really sad but when I have been playing heavier stuff I've been playing through a roland micro cube. Quite possibly the worst amp ever but it is the only way to get a high gain type sound.

So back to my question. I'm going to pick up a boss metal zone tommorow. Anyone use these? It will have to do until I can get an amp that has some serious gain.

A boss metal zone through a fender blues junior has got to sound better than some simulated effects on a roland micro cube...right?

Comment

A boss metal zone through a fender blues junior has got to sound better than some simulated effects on a roland micro cube...right?
            Friends don't let friends use a metal zone.
            I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
              Friends don't let friends use a metal zone.
              +1 unless you are going for that lo-fi "tin of bees" black metal sound. Lots of distortion pedal reviews on guitarworld or premier guitar's youtube channels. have a listen to some of those before you throw money at something.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Haha..thats about what I expected the response would be.

It'll be a couple months before I can afford a decent amp with a nice high gain channel so its about the only under $100 bucks solution I can think of.

Any other recommendations?

Comment

no no no no......

The finish on the neck is no issue. I think you'll be very happy.
                  "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Haha....ok...ok...i get it. Metal zone is a waste of money.

Back to the drawing board. :think:

Comment

The Metal Zone isnt that bad for those on a budget. There are certain sweet spots where its quite usable. I used one for years.
                      I'm a classic metal, thrash, death player and it serves those needs. It depends what sound you're after.
                      I had a Keeley Metal Zone too and that was badass.

But short of a High gain amp, a Suhr Riot or something like that is ideal. Thick brutal organic tone.
                      Not cheap though.

Why dont you just sell your Fender amps and buy something else? Or better still, sell your PRS if you dont like the neck. That will give you all the cash you need to kit you out.
                      You could probably sell the Swamp Ash and pick up an Axe Fx Ultra.
                      I'm pretty sure the soloist will make itself your go to guitar. So sell stuff. Its pointless having great guitars and running them through shit gear.
                      Last edited by Mazrim; 08-17-2011, 03:13 AM.
                      All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Haha....ok...ok...i get it. Metal zone is a waste of money.

Back to the drawing board. :think:
                        run this through your clean channel

Hail yesterday

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post

Thanks for posting this. I made it several years ago.

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

@Mazrim- I'm definitly going to sell the PRS swamp ash. I've been trying to sell it locally but had no luck. I know it will sell on Ebay and with the model I have it should go for between 1250-1350. After fees I hope I'll get 1100-1200 bucks.

The main reason I was going to get the metal zone is because it is available locally and relatively inexpensive. Get my quick fix...haha

I'm primarly a jazz, blues, classic rock, rock player but I love classic metal and metal as well. I'm not too much into over the top blow your face off wake up with a dead hooker metal.

So I guess I would say I'm looking for a metal/classic metal really hard rock type sound.

@vitaminG and H8Red442- Thanks for the recommendations. Both pedals seem like decent choices but its just so hard to tell online which one I like the best. I really need to find somewhere to try these.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                                Thanks for posting this. I made it several years ago.

I thought I saw it here, but wasn't sure. I actually found it through Google.
                                "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Working...
                                X