Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought a USA sl2h online before playing one :/ hope I didn't mess up....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GaJackson View Post
    I dont think I'm going to keep the Jackson. It sounded good and was built really well not to mention it looked killer but in the end I didnt like the feel of it. I might give it a few more tries but I like the feel of my strats alot better.

If the neck on the jackson was exactly like my american strat I would keep it.

The feel of the neck is the main complaint. Just to clarify it had nothing to do with the painted neck. That was not an issue.

I also didnt like the placement of the volume or the 3 way but I could adapt to that.
    Perhaps it's the width, in this case. As a 3-strat (all American) and 3-soloist owner, as wells as a wide-fat PRS owner, the strat necks are fat + skinny, whereas soloists are thin + wide, and the PRS is fat and wide.

Charvels do have skinnier necks for sure. My promod feels like a modern strat, although mine is a USA Pro Mod and apparently the new Japan ones have beefier necks overall.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
      I heard that the only thing better than a soloist neck is banging three hot chicks at the same time.

Can anyone here confirm that?
      I heard it was 4 hot chicks at the same time.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I have never met a guitar player that has not fall in love with a soloist after playing it once. this is strange that you have not. maybe you should see a doctor. do you have a fever? cold sweats?
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Soloist is an excellent choice one of the best playing necks I have ever played. I love mine

Metal zone modded by humphrey audio takes away all the crap you hate about the metal zone and makes it a good pedal but it must be used with a decent tube amp. also hardwire TL2 is a very good pedal in my opinion. if we are just talking pedals
          2011 USA Jackson Soloist
          2007 USA Jackson Soloist
          2007 USA BC Rich Warlock
          2009 Edwards ECY 165
          2009 Schecter Hellraiser
          2006 USA BC Rich Wave
          2012 Gibson LP Trad
          1981 USA BC Rich Mockingbird

Comment

I sold my SL2H after a few years for the same reason, the neck was just not for me. While I loved the sound, looks, and the ability to say that I owned a Jackson soloist, in the end,
            I just wasn't comfortable with it when I actually had to play it. It's okay,,,we're all individuals. I like wide but really thin necks - The guitar is a hard enough instrument without forcing oneself to use something that isn't for you and puts some roadblocks in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6 View Post
              I sold my SL2H after a few years for the same reason, the neck was just not for me. While I loved the sound, looks, and the ability to say that I owned a Jackson soloist, in the end,
              I just wasn't comfortable with it when I actually had to play it. It's okay,,,we're all individuals. I like wide but really thin necks - The guitar is a hard enough instrument without forcing oneself to use something that isn't for you and puts some roadblocks in the way.

You should try a SLATQH. The neck is much thinner than the regular soloist. I like it a lot but I like the regular SL2H neck just fine too.
              2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
              Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

I'm thinking of going the "custom shop route" one day, and maybe trying to order a soloist with the DK1 neck profile. I wish that was an option on a USA select neck thru . It just seems silly , though, to pay all of that extra money for a slightly different neck profile.

Comment

Isn't that pretty much the "speed neck"?

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                    Isn't that pretty much the "speed neck"?
                    Yes
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

The speed neck and DK1 neck are not the same specs. DK1 is thinner.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                        For an amp, spend maybe $150.00 and get yourself an older Line 6 Flextone or Flextone II from eBay. You won't regret it. I'm actually a Metal Zone fan (when used with a GE-7 EQ), but it can't touch the Line 6 distortions.
                        Only get a flextone if you want to almost have a decent tone.I bought one a while back and returned it after a week cos I couldn't get any good sounds to come out of it. As with most line 6 amps, too many bells and whistles and not enough put into the quality of sound.
                        I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                          Only get a flextone if you want to almost have a decent tone.I bought one a while back and returned it after a week cos I couldn't get any good sounds to come out of it. As with most line 6 amps, too many bells and whistles and not enough put into the quality of sound.
                          To each his own, I guess. To me, the original Line 6 Modern Hi-Gain is one of the all-time best shred tones.
                          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by GaJackson View Post
                            I dont think I'm going to keep the Jackson.

All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Sell it to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X