White and Pink Tile Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White and Pink Tile Strat

Here's an '87 Strat I picked up earlier in the year. It looks to be all original, and with a J-80 pickup. I finally got around to detailing it and getting it set up. This baby is a really nice player! It sort of reminds me of bathroom tile. Fortunately, it does NOT have "toilet tone". I've seen one other tile graphic like this on a Jackson, but it wasn't white and pink.

Last edited by Axewielder; 08-20-2011, 11:40 AM.

I really like it. Got a nice 80s vibe, but not overstated. If that makes sense.

Comment

that's a cool one, I've never seen that scheme before
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Very nice! Cool to see the rev head.. What's the serial?
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
          that's a cool one, I've never seen that scheme before
          Thanks! Here's a HSS white and blue one from the Ontario picture book:

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/in...e+book_014.jpg

I like the old school graphics that are on the front of the body only.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
            Very nice! Cool to see the rev head.. What's the serial?
            It is 3440.

Comment

VERY COOL, are the strings that far off center or it the pics?

Comment

Very cool, and looks to be pretty damn clean considering its age. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                  VERY COOL, are the strings that far off center or it the pics?
                  Good eye. It is shifted slightly towards the high E. However, there is still a ton of fret margin on that side. All that fret margin had me thinking this one was a good candidate for an OFR conversion. However, I test fitted a spare OFR on there and the bushing was rubbing on the trem route. I didn't want to do any routing, so the JT6 went back on. It is staying in tune, so I'll leave it be for now.

Comment

Very cool. Definitely an 80s vibe.

Comment

Who cleans your pool????

Axey, your the strat king, dude. Very cool, and a great counterpart for the pink crackle!!!!
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                        Who cleans your pool????
                        I just vacuumed it yesterday, why??

I am the Strat King, I can do anything!!

Well, anything except play that middle part of Eruption...

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          Good eye. It is shifted slightly towards the high E. However, there is still a ton of fret margin on that side. All that fret margin had me thinking this one was a good candidate for an OFR conversion. However, I test fitted a spare OFR on there and the bushing was rubbing on the trem route. I didn't want to do any routing, so the JT6 went back on. It is staying in tune, so I'll leave it be for now.
                          Looks to me light the neck just needs to be shifted a tad towards the low E side and the bolts re-tightened.
                          Is a nice scheme. Subtle '80s vibe for sure!
                          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Dig the hell out of this one simple and clean.LOVE IT!!
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

very cool strat. If you had to compare it to a modern pickup, what do the J-80's sound like?

Comment

Working...
                              X