Jackson Custom Shop Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Custom Shop Help

hey guys. I'm ordering a CS King V. I'm pretty set on what I am looking for, I just need a hand with one the logo. Here's what I'm getting:

KV2 body
    Pointy old school headstock (like the KV2)
    Shark fin inlays
    Body, neck and headstock will all be Snow White
    Ebony board with no binding
    Chrome hardware

I'm just wondering what color the logo should be, I'm thinking black but can't decide between the solid or shadowed type, like these examples:

I can't seem to find many examples of white Jackson headstocks online, do any of you have any that you can post so I can see for examples? I also want the guitar to have more of an old 80's vintage look, so, do you guys know the history of the Jackson logo and when it changed?
    Last edited by mike.inc; 08-20-2011, 03:33 PM.

Solid is reminscint of the early handpainted logos and the shadowed is a throwback to most of the san dimas production ...both cool logos but unless it is hand painted I prefer the shadowed
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Shadowed for me every time. The solid looks cheap to me, unless it's the actual old-school handpainted original logo.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yeah I'm definitly leaning toward the shadowed, I like the solid more so when it's pearl on a black headstock like the KV2.

Comment

The shadowed looks like a sticker compared to the solid, which looks not only older, but hand-painted. If I were to throw down for a custom shop I might consider a solid logo as an alternative to the shadowed. The USA mother of pearl is solid, so it follows with the "quality" presentation.
          Ratt & Roll

Comment

Do a solid ebony logo inlay.
            2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
            Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

I wish I could see more pictures of various options, not so many pictures of white headstocks out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
                Do a solid ebony logo inlay.

Cool idea^^

Comment

For some reason on this thread and others, i can't see any images uploaded with imageshack, instead i get this stupid thing:

It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                  ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

The first pic you have is from the Snowblind CS run they did a few years back. I actually have a one-off of those with the shadowed logo and it's a string-thru (the picture is fairly large if you right click and view the whole thing):

Comment

No binding? Wow, I don't why but binding makes me so happy! I wouldn't own a guitar without it. As for the name, against the white the abalone inlay would look sick as shit! But thats just me. It will match the shark's on the fret board! AND SPARKLE!

Comment

Originally posted by TVTiZtiK View Post
                        The first pic you have is from the Snowblind CS run they did a few years back. I actually have a one-off of those with the shadowed logo and it's a string-thru (the picture is fairly large if you right click and view the whole thing):

I think I'm going to go with the Black outlined logo on the white headstock. It's hard to picture what the logo would look like if it matched the inlays...I'm very interested in knowing what it would look like but don't want to risk it in case I don't like it so much. I wish Jackson did a better job at showing you all the various custom shop options. At the very least the should take pictures of all the CS they have built over the years and offer an online photo album to view them all in great detail...

Comment

Originally posted by SHREDINATOR View Post
                          No binding? Wow, I don't why but binding makes me so happy! I wouldn't own a guitar without it. As for the name, against the white the abalone inlay would look sick as shit! But thats just me. It will match the shark's on the fret board! AND SPARKLE!

I also love the binding, but for this guitar what is most important is it needs to be a snow white body & headstock, to me the binding would be in issue only because of color. I hate the way binding looks against the white neck/headstock. I love the binding against the black neck/headstock.

Comment

I agree that the ivoroid binding looks weird on snow white. But, since you are doing a CS order, you can specify white binding.

Comment

I was thinking of that. I'm really concerned about how it will look. I can't seem to find examples of White binding on a painted white neck. Does anyone on here have a guitar or CS that has white binding on a painted white neck? Maybe you can post a pic?

I love the binding and hate the idea of not going with the binding, I hope I can get a pic to see how it would look.

Comment

Working...
                              X