Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Shop SLAT - What do you think of this top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop SLAT - What do you think of this top?

Of course since I'm posting about it, it's a lefty

I have a chance to pick this up, but wanted to get some opinions on it. If I do buy it, then I'll probably cancel my Silver Swirl KV2 order. Decisions, decisions....

Last edited by MetalDaze; 08-25-2011, 12:30 PM.

Love it! One of my favorite colors.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm still getting info on the specs, but that's a 3/4" top and a mahogany body...possible a mahog neck too.
      Last edited by MetalDaze; 08-25-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
        If I do buy it, then I'll probably cancel my Silver Swirl KV2 order.
        Cancel an order you've already made, just to buy a different guitar? If so, that would be very cheesy. If you've placed the order with a dealer, you've made a commitment to buy the guitar when it arrives. "No backsies".

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
          Cancel an order you've already made, just to buy a different guitar? If so, that would be very cheesy. If you've placed the order with a dealer, you've made a commitment to buy the guitar when it arrives. "No backsies".
          It would be a swap with the same dealer, so no shady business here

Comment

Love it, looks sweet

Comment

very nice
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Killer. I'd go with this SLAT instead of the KV. As long as it's the same dealer and you're not losing anything.

1- No comparisons: Quilt top wins over silver swirl. You can swim in that quilt.
                2- SLAT body shape is more comfortable to play sitting down. Increases the odds of you playing the guitar more - which you should.
                3- Lefty AND a CS: Rare. And even more rare. Double-win!
                4- Superficial but: The SLAT is 'easier' on the eyes - so you can bring it to a Church Jam Session or one with the Scumdogs of the Universe. Universal appeal over a KV - sorry all you (& me) pointy lovers.
                5- I'm at work so I can't think of another w/o taking my pants off to relax.

I think I've said enough. Now it's up to you.

PS: What is that finish called? Root beer?
                Last edited by GuerillaPete; 08-27-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Yep, it's Root Beer. I'm not sure I like what's happening on the quilt behind the bridge, but it's a tempting guitar...no doubt.

Before I got my first USA Jackson, I would have accepted it with paint peeling off the sides just for the joy of having such a great playing instrument. Now that I've built up a few, I'm turning into one of those curmudgeons

Comment

The quilt may not be a 10, but it's close. And if you're getting a good deal (price-wise) then I recommend you jump on it before some other Lefty snags it up. That's just me.

Comment

I would take it, that is a nice guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                        It would be a swap with the same dealer, so no shady business here
                        OK then.

And I'd take that guitar over a KV2 any day.

Comment

That's awesome! If it was a righty I'd tap that. I just got me a SLATQH Custom Shop myself finally and will post a NGD when I get it.
                          2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                          Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Yeah, that's a very pretty guitar - as nobody's getting screwed, I say go for it!
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I've decided to stick with plan A....the Silver Swirl KV2. I'm not quite out of the pointy phase yet. But, this one has definitely given me some ideas for a future custom.

If there's a lefty out there that wants some info on how to get this one, just PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X