Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Shop SLAT - What do you think of this top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That thing is beautiful!! (other than the backward-ness...)
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I can't believe that nobody here has mentioned that the correct answer is "BOTH!"
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Give up a custom shop KV2 for THAT? Yuck, it's not even black? My KV2 is black because they don't come in any other color for playing metal, I know because I asked. They guy told me, "NOPE IF YOU GET IT IN ANY COLOR OTHER THAN BLACK YOU CAN'T PLAY METAL!" He was right, I tried out a white KV2 some time ago and sure as shit, when I tried to play the intro to Holy Wars, nothing came out? As SOON as I tried a couple of classic rock tunes the sound came back. Then some more metal and bam no sound? Funny how that works?

Comment

Originally posted by SHREDINATOR View Post
          Give up a custom shop KV2 for THAT? Yuck, it's not even black? My KV2 is black because they don't come in any other color for playing metal, I know because I asked. They guy told me, "NOPE IF YOU GET IT IN ANY COLOR OTHER THAN BLACK YOU CAN'T PLAY METAL!" He was right, I tried out a white KV2 some time ago and sure as shit, when I tried to play the intro to Holy Wars, nothing came out? As SOON as I tried a couple of classic rock tunes the sound came back. Then some more metal and bam no sound? Funny how that works?
          Then explain Dave Mustaine who had white, natural, silver finished guitars. You're telling me he couldn't play metal on those? Walk on home, boy.
          Last edited by GuerillaPete; 09-01-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
            Then explain Dave Mustaine who had white, natural, silver finished guitars. You're telling me who couldn't play metal on those? Walk on home, boy.

I got sarcasm from his post. I thought it was funny. I don't think he was serious.
            2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
            Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Very nice top, shame they built the guitar the wrong way round.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
                I got sarcasm from his post. I thought it was funny. I don't think he was serious.
                If so, then apologies. It's hard to convey humor/sarcasm w/o those smiley thingies.
                And if he was being serious, well then keep walking.

Comment

Here are the smiley things! Sorry I forgot to add them in all my posting of humor. The color thing is of course a matter of taste. I just really like black guitars. Specially king Vs and he did post and ask? Soooooo there you have it, I responded.

Comment

This is true to some extent. I had a problem with my red soloist and model 6. They would do a great job on hair band music (Dokken, Whitesnake...etc), but if I tried to play vintage Metallica, the guitar would go out of tune. I thought it was just an old wive's tale. However, I discovered that if I changed all of my clothing to black, and I mean all of it, the guitar would remain in tune. I'm glad someone else had this issue as well, I thought it was just me!

Comment

Here are the smiley things! Sorry I forgot to add them in all my posting of humor. The color thing is of course a matter of taste. I just really like black guitars. Specially king Vs and he did post and ask? Soooooo there you have it, I responded.
                      But he was talking about a Silver Swirl KV, not a black one.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

man, I'd love a right handed version of this.
                        2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                        Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

How much is this guitar if I may ask?

Comment

Working...
                          X