X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping for a KE2

I'm looking into buying a KE2.
    I'd like to get a Silver Swirl, but I also have 2 other options:

A Transparent Black with flame top for around $1100 (shipped).
    A Purple one with Dimarzios for around $950 (Shipped).
    And the Silver swirl is $1800 (plus shipping)

They are all in similar condition (with a few cosmetic flaws).

Am I missing something here about that silver swirl?
    Why is it so damn expensive compared to the others? Isn't it the exact same guitar with a different finish?
    What would be a fair price for a KE2 in a swirl finish?
    The prices seems to vary a lot on the KE2 when checking eBay as a reference...:think:

E-bay fluctuates a LOT, if it's in good condition I'd go with the trans black(1100$) is a fair price IMHO. As long as it's not to 'beat up'.

Hope you find what you're looking for!
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

$1100 for the transblack seems fair to me as well.

But I'm still wondering what's up with that silver swirl at $1800...
      Are the swirl finishes so sought after that they can fetch up to twice the price of the other finishes or is that seller asking just a bit too much for what he has?

Comment

the silver swirl sounds spendy to me. I think the seller is asking too much. but thats just my opinion.

the $1100 trans black sounds like the going rate for a used one from what I have seen on them.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Check prices new. The special finishes of any of the USA Jackson models jacks up the price around $500 or so. For instance, and this is the old price structure, the SL2H in Black was $1700 new while the SL2H in Blue Ghost Flame, any Swirl or graphic brought the price up to $2300 new. Therefore, a person paid more for the graphic model and will try to get a respective amount resale as compared to a solid color finish model.
          Last edited by Twitch; 08-26-2011, 09:09 PM.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

^

This
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Strange303 View Post
              Are the swirl finishes so sought after that they can fetch up to twice the price of the other finishes or is that seller asking just a bit too much for what he has?
              To answer your other question here, yes, the Silver Swirl is kind of an odd ball finish. You dont see a lot of them. Most of the swirls sold are Erriedescent and Crimson. I like to refer to them all as the guitar finish that looks like a bowling ball.
              Last edited by Twitch; 08-26-2011, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                Check prices new. The special finishes of any of the USA Jackson models jacks up the price around $500 or so. For instance, and this is the old price structure, the SL2H in Black was $1700 new while the SL2H in Blue Ghost Flame, any Swirl or graphic brought the price up to $2300 new. Therefore, a person paid more for the graphic model and will try to get a respective amount resale as compared to a solid color finish model.
                I understand this, but still, $1100 for a transblack compared to $1800 for a silver swirl, that's an extra $700 which is a lot more than the extra you would have to pay to get a swirl vs a flame maple top brand new.

There's a ghost flame KE2 that recently sold for $1000 on eBay and as far as I know, the ghost flame finish is the same price as the swirl ones.
                I just feel like the seller is asking way too much. If the guitar was like new, it may have been justifiable, but it has some minor scratches and dings.
                But I got to admit I'd still like to get a silver swirl though...

Comment

Try to talk him down.

Comment

Working...
                  X