Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jackson KV2 Owner and Forum Member

Hello to all,

This is my first post as I am a new member of the forum. I am also a first time Jackson owner. I have been lusting for a Jackson KV2 for many years and I just came across a great deal for a 2000 MY that I could not pass up. The guitar is in fantastic shape for an 11 year old guitar and is all black of course. I will post some pictures of it shortly. It is currently apart for a good cleaning, setup and adjustment as I am a perfectionist. It plays just like I remember. I had previously played one back in 1997 at my local dealer. I am amazed that it took me this long to pull the trigger on one but I am glad I did.
    "I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human."

Congrats on the score, and welcome aboard!!
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Welcome!

Here's mine:

IMG_0894.jpg
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks. I am truly amazed at how awesome the King V is. It is a little difficult to play without a strap while sitting but that is an insignificant issue when you consider the monstrous tone and playability of the guitar.
        "I know I'm human. And if you were all these things, then you'd just attack me right now, so some of you are still human."

Comment

im just in love with that color
          too bad i dont have any freaking money

Comment

I play with the guitar resting on my left leg so I think a V shape would be super comfy for me while sitting.

Great looking guitar, congrats and welcome aboard!
            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Hi! I also am due to pick up my first USA Jackson on Monday! A White with black pinstripe KV2! Have also been hunting one for many years now! Dare say I'm outrageously excited to get my hands on one finally! Pics soon i promise! What pickups do people suggest for the kv? I'm running twin emg 71s with an afterburner in my jskv but I'm tiring of the flat emg sound, but I'm quite enjoying the sd invaders iv got in my old ke3r - any suggestions?
              "If I'm in A-B and your in E-e on the 3rd fret, little string, while I'm back here, on the 7th fret big A... are we in tune?"

Comment

Welcome! Pics or it's an Esteban, though.

esteban-guitar-lessons-image.jpg

Comment

If it comes with a jb, its got a great pickup in it. I also like the screamin demon, the custom, and if you want a more aggressive, punch you in the face active pickup, I just got some blackouts and they sound pretty good too.
                  I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by V-GAS View Post
                    im just in love with that color
                    Which color?

Comment

Is that an absinthe frost finish?

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Welcome!

Here's mine:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2608[/ATTACH]
                      Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
                      Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
                      http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
                      http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

Actually it's Candy Apple Green (slightly darker than AF).

Comment

AF has a little more pearl to it as well. I think CAG is a little more towards metallic.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I believe it comes with screamin deamon and full shred mounted in Triple shots - iv always been a fan of the full shred and love the face splitting aggression of the invaders, so would probably be on the more aggressive side of things! Iv played Duncan designed jbs, I'm guessing the seymours can't be too different!
                            What are blackouts and livewires like in comparison to emgs? Figured I'd likely stray away from actives but I generally play 80s metal anyways, so figures!
                            "If I'm in A-B and your in E-e on the 3rd fret, little string, while I'm back here, on the 7th fret big A... are we in tune?"

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Which color?
                              the green on your kv

Comment

Working...
                              X