Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on KV2

Hi all,
    I found a 2005 MINT Jackson KV 2 in Snow White with White Bevels (pickups changed with 2 awful Evolutions), is 1400 € a fair price for it? (a new KV2 here costs 2300€. 1400€ are 2029$ and 2300€ are 3334$)

Pics:

Rick

id say its fair, cool guitar. you cant go wrong with a KV2. although id weight it up if your going to change the pickups (pickups and Labour $$$$). it might be better to get a new one with stock pickups, if your just going to change back to the original pickups??

Comment

Yeah, I was considering about putting up a Super Distortion (bridge) paired with a PAF 36th Anniversary (neck), or two Duncans (for '70s/80s Heavy Metal: suggestions?).

Although i like JB/Jazz more, i don't like modern sounding DiMarzio's.

I can't get a new one because they're too expensive for me (I have a Gibson Explorer and a Fender Strat Classic '70 up for sale), I also found a Bengala Tiger KV2 all stock, MINT, for 1900€ (asked the buyer if he can drop the price from 1900 to 1500€). I love Tiger Guitars
      Rick

Comment

Any other advice?
        Rick

Comment

if you can afford it id get it, this guitar is really nice. you can always decide on the pickups later, i live by the stock pickups on my brothers 2007 KV2.

Comment

I guess for overseas thats a good price? Kv2's here average 1200 us dollars. There are exceptions but regular colors like that one Are common.

Comment

Well, 1200$ are 826€...
              Consider that a new KV2 here costs 2400€, almost 3500$....In Italy (Europe) Jackson USA's guitars are really expensive...maybe it would be better to buy a used one from the states..
              Rick

Comment

Honestly. Thats your best bet of you want to get one reasonably priced. Even after shipping you still come out good.

Most people will even help with tax duties too.

good luck with the hunting!.. Funnest part to me

Comment

Yeah, I think so. Do you know any shop with good prices who ships oversea?
                  I start searching on eBay..i found an awesome KV2 in Bengala Tiger (love tigers!) but it was pricey, and the seller doesn't ships in Europe..
                  Rick

Comment

Theres a few. Guitarcenter.com is a good place. I've seen kv2's , rr1, soloist under 900 here. And they ship overseas.

Comment

White with black bevels is not that common, at least not when I bought mine in 2008. Wasn't that easy finding one without a 4-6-8 month wait time.

This is in the context of the timing Jackson apparently uses to manage the production of the various USA select lines and finishes.
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                        Theres a few. Guitarcenter.com is a good place. I've seen kv2's , rr1, soloist under 900 here. And they ship overseas.
                        Only 900$ for a USA Jackson? That's heaven

EDIT: i've got a problem: on Guitarcenter's site I search guitars by brand, but the site tells me "no matches were found for your search", ever. Why?
                        Last edited by Glenn KK; 08-30-2011, 03:44 PM.
                        Rick

Comment

Anyone?
                          Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn KK View Post
                            Hi all,
                            I found a 2005 MINT Jackson KV 2 in Snow White with White Bevels
                            If it had white bevels, wouldn't it just be an all white guitar?
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X