Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson SL1 or Jackson Dinky professional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson SL1 or Jackson Dinky professional?

Here I am with another question..
    I also found a 1990 (serial 914279) white Dinky Professional, white, 3 Reflex pickups (SSH), mother of Pearl inlays, HSC and ebony fretboard (not shure, though, it seems rosewood to me, pics below) and a 1994 white Jackson SL1, all stock.

The professional costs 400€, the SL1 1100€. What would you pick up, and why? I can't decide if pick up the Professional or save up for the SL1

Pics:

Rick

the dinky is not an XL I guess... or another trussrod... and have one added pot and also have not original pickups, price is not that great btw, Good luck ( i own a kelly xl 1992 with emg bridge and 2 jackson pickups - very good guitar

Comment

its an xl with the extra pot for reflex pickups.

still i like a bolt on better than most NT bodies so I would go with the dinky, though its a bit high priced.
      Haters gonna hate
      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Thanks, I also found this for 540/500€

I really dig it, that's the perfect guitar...don't know if something has been replaced (pickups and knobs, i suppose)
        Rick

Comment

That's a Model 6, and yeah definitely the knobs have been replaced.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Is 540/500€ a fair price for it?
            Rick

Comment

yes it is, but that should be from japanese production of second half of the 80's. the price is pretty fair imho
              I own a 650XL of 1990 that is pretty similiar to that white guitar. the main difference is the 5 way blade toggle. Mine is a great guitar, a real battle axe for heavvy metal. I have replaced the bridge pickup (with a Di Marzio SD) and neck pickup (a Duncan minihumbcuker)

Comment

Sorry, the guitar i'm considering is a 650XL and not a Charvel 6 :[

Pics:

500/549€ for this axe...
                I don't like the headstock at all, though...
                Rick

Comment

That's a killer axe, perfect for metal/shred sound. Almost ineffective with other styles though. You must like the neck-thru although. I love it for example, and it's less than half a price of an aftermarket SL1, beside being not that far from the SL1.
                  The price is really good especially if it comes with the EMG pickups as in the pic

Comment

I emailed the seller and he sells this 650XL with the original Jackson pickups and a cheap HSC for 550€ (800$). Don't know what to do, plus I can't try it because it's in the opposite of Italy (i live in the north, he lives in the south).

I sayed him that without the EMGs he should drop the price, but he won't.

NB: I play Heavy, Hair & Thrash Metal.
                    Rick

Comment

+$450 to $500 is a fair price in the US.

What it comes down to is how bad do you want it vs. how bad does he want to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn KK View Post
                        I emailed the seller and he sells this 650XL with the original Jackson pickups and a cheap HSC for 550€ (800$). Don't know what to do, plus I can't try it because it's in the opposite of Italy (i live in the north, he lives in the south).

I sayed him that without the EMGs he should drop the price, but he won't.

NB: I play Heavy, Hair & Thrash Metal.
                        I am also from north of Italy and I payed mine 600 € including the di marzio already on. I rate the jackson stock pickups inferiors and such a nice guitar needed replacements worth of it.

The price depends on you, if you want to accept it, and if you like neck-thru body guitars.

The guitar is perfect for thrash/speed metal: it's a shredding machince suitable for huge dive bombs and squeals, fast alternate picking and legatos, great riffing. The neck is extremely thin, thinner than a soloist.
                        Definitely a great quality/price ratio.

Comment

The original jackson pickups are great for 80's metal and the J50c that comes in the model 6/650xl is beloved by alexi fanboys. You can't go wrong with a model 6, 650xl or jackson XL.

Comment

I'm tempteted in grabbing the 650XL...i'm in trade with a friend of mine for my Strato, if he buys it i'll have enough money for the Charvel or a LTD V
                            Rick

Comment

I have tried a ESP V at musicworks in leganano (maybe you know that shop). It's too light, and I didn't like it.
                              650XL neck is quite stiff if compared to a strat that is also fatter and more rounded. but a 650xl allows you precise single note fast runs and serious sweep picking.
                              though I wouldn't get rid of my strat: I wasn't able to get a decent clean tone from the 650xl, too muddy and dark. Afterall that guitar is all metal and shred stuffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X