NGD: SLATQH Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: SLATQH Custom

Well. I finally got one after half a year of searching and waffling. I have to say what they say is true. The thing sounds amazing and the build quality is better than my SL2H. The waxed oiled neck is incredible. I wouldn't say it sounds like a Les Paul at all really, like they always say. It is it's own thing. Very full spectrum, great lows and highs. Very balanced and articulate. Not my favorite color with this blue but I don't mind it. The quilt is beautiful in person; the pictures don't do it justice. It's almost holographic. One upgrade I am thinking about doing is a nice mother of pearl blank TRD. I don't like the "Custom Shop" one on it now.

Here are the seller's pics for now until I get time to do proper shots:

Screen shot 2011-08-28 at 8.57.11 PM.jpgScreen shot 2011-08-28 at 8.57.54 PM.jpgScreen shot 2011-08-28 at 8.57.03 PM.jpgScreen shot 2011-08-28 at 8.57.39 PM.jpgScreen shot 2011-08-28 at 8.57.32 PM.jpgScreen shot 2011-08-28 at 8.57.20 PM.jpgScreen shot 2011-08-28 at 8.57.46 PM.jpgScreen shot 2011-08-28 at 9.05.07 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Animus; 08-28-2011, 09:04 PM.
    2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
    Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Anytime one of these comes up for sale, I have to tear myself away from the ad. Nice score!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Tell me about it. I am already thinking about another. ;-)
      2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
      Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

awesome.. You found one.. Id say a damn nice one. Custom shop too..scored!!!

Congrats

Comment

22 frets is the way to go Beautiful axe.
          Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

Nice score. If you can't get used to that blue finish. Let me know, I'll take it off your hands.

Are those bridge saddles bone?

Comment

I would assume graphtec Tusq saddles.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Congrats! Love the blue and gold combo.
                My other signature says something funny

Comment

beautiful! congratz!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    I would assume graphtec Tusq saddles.

Yeah, it's TUSQ.

Comment

The cool thing is that I sold some stuff I had laying around I wasn't using and collecting dust (an amp and a few other smaller things) and only had to spend about $600 out of pocket on this guitar. Life is good!
                      Last edited by Animus; 08-29-2011, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
                        Yeah, it's TUSQ.
                        How do you like it? I have a friend that just went to work for graphtec and I want to know if I should be bugging him to hook me up with a bridge for my RR1T or not.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                          How do you like it? I have a friend that just went to work for graphtec and I want to know if I should be bugging him to hook me up with a bridge for my RR1T or not.

Seems great to me. I have nothing to compare it too though.

THe bridge is also a Graphtec Resomax. Not sure if all these extras were part of the original Custom work on were aftermarket upgrades. Also, has Schaller locking tuners.

Comment

Nice, if I custom ordered a soloist it would pretty much have everything this guitar has, the only thing is I'm more partial to flame over quilt. Are pickups JB/Jazz? Any plans to change em up?
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah, JB/Jazz. I like the way the guitar sounds so I probably won't change them. Duncan make great pickups. I didn't change em out of my SL2H either.

If I went custom shop it would basically be the design of a SLATQH with a Floyd and a seven string but with the finish of the black Broderick Solist but with sharkfins and the SLATQH body shape.

Comment

Working...
                              X