Serial Number Issues - NEED HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Number Issues - NEED HELP!!!

Ok, Iv recently purchased a USA KV2 - It is without doubt the new love of my life and I have big things planned...
    Like most, I like to know a bit of history to my weapon of choice...
    The issue is, the instrument has been refretted by a previous owner - and in the process the serial number has been mostly removed.
    To the naked eye you cant see sh*t but (many thanks for the ideal) after using A4 paper and rubbing the are with a pencil i can reveal an 8 and a 7 -
    The issue is I cant see clearly enough what the remaining digits are, presuming the first symbol is either a J or a U (nice and similar when rubbing a sanded smooth fretboard with a pencil...)

So... any ideas where to go from here as to identifying anything about this beast?

Any ideas are welcome!

Many thanks again! Fox Logan

"If I'm in A-B and your in E-e on the 3rd fret, little string, while I'm back here, on the 7th fret big A... are we in tune?"

Maybe the serial was purposely removed because it's stolen?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, the SN is only stamped on the end of the fretboard. It isn't anywhere ales on the guitar so you are stuck with whatever you can bring out there. Assuming it was in fact refretted, it's a shame they didn't leave that area alone on levelling.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Dont worry about it, just play it. Dont think there is much else you can do, you maybe could date the guitar from the cts pots assuming they havent been changed

Comment

Originally posted by logan View Post
          i can reveal an 8 and a 7 -
          The issue is I cant see clearly enough what the remaining digits are, presuming the first symbol is either a J or a U (nice and similar when rubbing a sanded smooth fretboard with a pencil...)
          Well, what sequence are the numbers?

If it's U087xx or U078xx then it's Made in Ontario, CA in 2000

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's most likely NOT a "J" serial, and more likely to be a "U0" or "U1" serial.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
            X