Looking for my old Jackson Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for my old Jackson Explorer

I previously owned a custom ordered, 2 Hum, white, set neck Explorer with Kahler. It also had sharkfin inlays and no body binding. I later sold it through a small music shop in Toms River, New Jersey, IIRC in 1990. My guess is that it was re -sold somewhere in NJ..who knows where it is now

It was originally custom ordered through Garden State Music on or about 1985.

If you've seen it or know who owns it, please PM!

Thanks!
    Last edited by dobieboy; 09-04-2011, 06:39 PM.

Hope you can track it down.. Theres a few lurkers here that have been watching for years and could shed some light on or if they have seen it.

Comment

Thanks, Corpsegrinder!, btw, congrats on your scores from Wayne, he's a good guy. The serial number of the explorer is J0146..( Check the log books) I've got as many feelers out as I can and would love a shot at getting it back

Comment

If not I betcha d custom shop can make a brand hammer new one for u!

Comment

Originally posted by SHREDINATOR View Post
          If not I betcha d custom shop can make a brand hammer new one for u!
          As far as I know, they will not/cannot make an explorer shape any longer

Comment

Originally posted by dobieboy View Post
            As far as I know, they will not/cannot make an explorer shape any longer
            Why? Arent Gibson's patents expired?

Comment

No, there was a legal battle between Gibson and FMIC years ago which ended in each company being banned from reproducing each other's shapes.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                No, there was a legal battle between Gibson and FMIC years ago which ended in each company being banned from reproducing each other's shapes.
                Thats bullshit, they can make them, they just wont, gentlemans agreement, the headstocks are totally off limits, but not the body shapes

Comment

Any New Jersey members seen my old Explorer..it was sold in Ocean County..any and all help would be appreciated, even if you don't want to sell.....yet

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
                    Thats bullshit, they can make them, they just wont, gentlemans agreement, the headstocks are totally off limits, but not the body shapes
                    Ah yes, sorry my mistake.
                    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                    X