Mind Funk Catalog Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind Funk Catalog Soloist

You guys must have seen this on eBay, can't believe no one really opposed me on it. Was in the 1990-91 C/J catalog on page 51 and owned/built for Louis Svitek. I recently contacted him about it to get some history. Features the album cover art work from the 1st record:

Original album cover art work:

Still has the original Duncan JB and the older Armstrong slanted neck single. 3 way blade, Schaller JT-590. Neck feels very similar to the old Charvel neck throughs (can't feel a difference bewteen this and the Charvel 550 XL). Man, the stories this thing could tell!

Back in the day with Louie:

In the catalog:

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

That was mine. Well, Ian bought it for me, and then it sat in NY for 18 months or more until I decided it was pointless to pay shipping / tax on a guitar that was gonna sit in a closet, so I asked him to list it for me. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool (looking) guitar but I have too many guitars and too little space so..
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yeah, I got it from Ian. Is he a member here? And did you ever get a hold of Louie?
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

that is cool! I often brace myself when opening a thread for a retro graphic, but I really like that one
        Hail yesterday

Comment

That is really cool, nice to have a guitar that's got a bit of history behind it

Id be playing Sister Blue on that for days!

Comment

I dig it but I think I like the Nestle Crunch soloist better. Probably due to my chocoholic nature...
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
              Yeah, I got it from Ian. Is he a member here? And did you ever get a hold of Louie?
              I think Ian's still a member here, but I lose track. And I tried to contact Louie through his record label thing in chicago but never got anything back.
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Congrats. I always loved that guitar and would look at it often in that catalog! You can't go wrong with a pink and blue tripped out graphic like that. I thought about buying it but my dislike for dot inlays and another guitar deal working at the time prevented it. I think its great someone here got hold of it. Its a very unique axe.
                Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

Congrats on that one. I had it saved in my Watch List but held off in the end. Wasn't quite sure if I'd ever really spend a bunch of time with it, but it's definitely cool!

Comment

Working...
                  X