Anyone Recommend the SL2H-MAH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Recommend the SL2H-MAH?

I have only played alder USA Soloists. How are the Mahogany ones? Just the same as a regular Alder SL2h but with a Mahogany body and thinker maple top? Might pick one up along with a Adrian Smith...

As you'd imagine, they're warmer. I like the JB in them much more than in the regular soloist. Mine's got about a 1/8" maple top, i'd reckon.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

I dont really find much difference as I use EMGs and racks, but looks wise, its the one that makes people drool. I love just looking at the back of it. Its not as nice as the GFs ass, but its nice........

Comment

Yeah I have been drooling over these two-

CMC Guitars carries the best selection of Custom Guitars made by Jackson, Charvel, Fender, PRS, Parker and more!

The Music Zoo is a world renowned online guitar store with a deep selection of acoustic guitars, electric guitars, & bass guitars in-stock. Buy guitar amplifiers, effects pedals, guitar pickups, guitar accessories, and guitar parts online now. Authorized dealer for Gibson, Fender, Martin, PRS, Yamaha & Taylor Guitars.

Comment

Eww, fuck no!! Big piece of shit! Seriously, its an SL2H in Mahogany, how could it possibly need references???? Hey, Im James Hetfield, Id like to join your band, heres a list of references to attest to my skill in case you think I may suck.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
            Eww, fuck no!! Big piece of shit! Seriously, its an SL2H in Mahogany, how could it possibly need references???? Hey, Im James Hetfield, Id like to join your band, heres a list of references to attest to my skill in case you think I may suck.
            Sold!

Comment

I will say this though, the only possibly adverse angle I can think of is it will be heavy. I have a Mahogany guitar with 3/4 maple cap, I had to find a strap that was soft and dispersed the weight. Other than that, I think youre golden if you pick one up.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Y'know if Fish-n-Game want to raid Jackson and destroy all their stock of pinstripe-flame maple, I won't complain.
                Seriously, it's the same stock they used on the 1990/91 catalog cover model. Get some better wood.

The Trans Black's quilt looks nice, but unfortunately it's Trans Black. Put the Cherryburst on that instead.

And try a Duncan Custom in the bridge of the SL2H-MAH.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  Y'know if Fish-n-Game want to raid Jackson and destroy all their stock of pinstripe-flame maple, I won't complain.
                  Seriously, it's the same stock they used on the 1990/91 catalog cover model. Get some better wood.

The Trans Black's quilt looks nice, but unfortunately it's Trans Black. Put the Cherryburst on that instead.

And try a Duncan Custom in the bridge of the SL2H-MAH.
                  I actually like their flame maple, like the cherry burst one in the link. Looks good to me, kinda got a classic look to it. :dunno:

Comment

I will say this though, the only possibly adverse angle I can think of is it will be heavy. I have a Mahogany guitar with 3/4 maple cap, I had to find a strap that was soft and dispersed the weight. Other than that, I think youre golden if you pick one up.
                    I might get the strap honestly. Weight is not an issue, never has been for me at least. Thanks for the input though.

Thing is I have been job searching for a while. Once I get it, one of these will be mine!

Comment

FWIW, I have a custom shop SL2 that's mahogany (no maple cap though). It's very much brighter than my PRS, though this may be down to the pickups (Humbuckers From Hell, which I understand are pretty bright). And yep, it's pretty heavy.
                      My other signature says something funny

Comment

My SLATQH isn't heavy at all. It's much lighter than my SL2H actually, but sounds even better.
                        2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                        Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
                          My SLATQH isn't heavy at all. It's much lighter than my SL2H actually, but sounds even better.
                          Those SLATQHs are pretty awesome looking guitars, let's hope one day they bring back the production models with 24 frets!
                          -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

I prefer the MAH to the SLATQH. The neck on my SLATQH feels like a baseball bat compared to my MAH.........

Comment

My SL2MAH is a tad brighter than my 88' Soloist, prob due to the top.
                              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
                              X