Sl2h!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sl2h!

So the new (to me) SL2H arrived! I must say I wasn't impressed at 1st, but I guess I was expecting a new guitar for a used price. A little love with some oil on the ebony, a fresh set of string, and a set up to bring it back to factory specs and it may just be the best guitar I have? I think I actually like it better than my KV2. It was advertised as black but infact is metalic black, holy crap its awesome!

I wanted a beater up guitar to practice with but now I feel like I need another beater because this thing it awesome! When I called the guy to ask about it he said that it was used and had a couple "scratches" on it. I told hiim I didn't care about cratches but liltteraly theres only one small mark on the back, other than that its perfect? I think I got a good deal on it too, $1,000.00 tax tag and tittle! Sadly no pics to post at this time. Just know the Jackson love affair is continuing and only getting stronger people!

It came with Dimebucker in the bridge position and not did not have the original SH4 but damn this pick up is HOT AS HELL! Any other opinions on this pic-up?

Congrats but

Originally posted by SHREDINATOR View Post
    Sadly no pics to post at this time.
    epicfail.jpg
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Any bridge pickup in an SL2H should immediately be replaced with a Duncan Custom for best results.

Comment

Or even better, a BKP Painkiller.
        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
          Any bridge pickup in an SL2H should immediately be replaced with a Duncan Custom for best results.
          +1 on that. My metallic black RR1 took a bit to grow on me (I got a great deal on it too.) but I like the (lack of) color a lot now.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
            I agree! Honestly though, IMO, anything other than the overrated JB can be replaced with anything. Ugh. I have too many JB's hanging around nowadays... counting the one's I'm taking outta my KV1.
            My Gear:
            Jackson KV2 Absinthe Frost
            Jackson DXMG Black
            Fender American Std. Strat Olympic White

Comment

I just sell them for $50 on here and make the JB lovers happy.

Comment

Originally posted by dirge View Post
                Ugh. I have too many JB's hanging around nowadays... counting the one's I'm taking outta my KV1.
                Good luck trying to explain the existence of a the neck version of the JB to (non-Jackson) people when you try to sell it I've had some problems with that...

Comment

Yeah... hahah. I figure I'd tell 'em they were factory seconds. lol that they put the logo on the wrong bobbin. lol
                  My Gear:
                  Jackson KV2 Absinthe Frost
                  Jackson DXMG Black
                  Fender American Std. Strat Olympic White

Comment

Comment

There it is! I know it's not up close and personal to see all the juicy details but a red neck with a dip o' Grizzly shredding away on a soloist! Priceless! It's mine all mine now!

Comment

Originally posted by dirge View Post
                        Yeah... hahah. I figure I'd tell 'em they were factory seconds. lol that they put the logo on the wrong bobbin. lol
                        Haha, yes... trying to explain the truth made me sound like a used car salesman!

Comment

Originally posted by SHREDINATOR View Post
                          There it is! I know it's not up close and personal to see all the juicy details but a red neck with a dip o' Grizzly shredding away on a soloist! Priceless! It's mine all mine now!
                          Ron wanted pics of the guitar, not you with it!

J/K

Congrats on the purchase!!!
                          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Thanks guys, sorry no better pics, but I've been striaght up playing it since I got it after the set up n clean up of course. I haven't been able to put it down to take a picture just yet! I never though I would love a soloist this much. Had band practice for the 1st time with it this last weekend and passed it around the room to be compared to RR1 KV2 and RR5FR. Everyone really liked the pic up configuration and its got great tone. The Dimebucker does kick as and the 59 in the neck is clear as glass. Hmmmmmm honey, I need another soloist!

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                              Ron wanted pics of the guitar, not you with it!

J/K

Congrats on the purchase!!!
                              At least he GTWGITS...he just blocked most of it with his damn arm!
                              My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X