Real....Fake...Or REALLY FAKE....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real....Fake...Or REALLY FAKE....

So I cannot fathom someone making this a fake but here we go.

Soloist.
    24 frets
    Bound Ebony MOP Sharkies

White Logo

Brass Control Mount plate

Numbers written in trem cavity are as follows...
    1583 (CORRECTED FROM EARLIER 583)
    R968 or R9G8
    T3m
    Circled letter P

Jt6 trem
    3 minis all look somewhat correct though the larget control route has a small san dimas sized brass plate in it. Matches my charvel Dimas perfectly.

THERE IS NO SERIAL THAT I CAN SEE ANYWHERE...

Without further ado...

It is not sanded off i rubbed the grime with my finger and smudged the area. There is no remnant of anything and no discoloration

I took this and cash on a trade on a whim that it was something good. Prob maybe got burned on this one but this is 2 soloists I have one more coming still. I am not a soloist guy really anymore so these will prob get passed along. I am not asking value just wtf it is with no numbers?

Employee project?
    Endorsee piece?
    Chinese firewood? (wouldnt think with those electronics?)

583 is 1583
    Last edited by coloradoman25; 09-16-2011, 05:20 PM.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Maybe the board got planed and refretted at some point? If it's a fake, it's an aleborate fake. Like you said maybe an employee project or something like that. Try the CSI pencil rubbing on the "25th" fret to see if any trace of a number shows up. If you can kind of see one, then maybe it's hot?
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

theres no remnant or anything.
      Haters gonna hate

Comment

I agree, too good to be fake. Who fakes an old ass Soloist? Not like JT6s are in good supply for a counterfeiter.

If I asked the CS to leave off a serial, would they?
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

what throws me is the oversize control route. unless its like an 87/88 though I have seen some odd balls with the large route in the san dimas era. I think its all original but when did they have the JT6 on soloists?
          Haters gonna hate

Comment

It's my understanding that during the 80's Kramer had exclusive rights with Floyd Rose, so Jackson designed the JT6 to use in all their guitars, sans hardtails.
            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Not that hard to sand a head stock down or put that color binding on it which looks really wrong!!I have a new dinky, well new-ish and the binding is not that color. And if it was old its way off..But I'm not exsquirt!!
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                It's my understanding that during the 80's Kramer had exclusive rights with Floyd Rose, so Jackson designed the JT6 to use in all their guitars, sans hardtails.

Ummm not ...
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

i have seen vintage ordering sheets where you could get one on a jackson. The Dimas 3 tite I had had an original order sheet and I think it was like 139.95 to add an OFR.

I just would love to know what year this is. Its gonna get a major cleanup/overhaul this weekend and prob get sold like I was trying to do with the other stuff. This is from the same group I am getting the pink crackle from. Both are possibly from Man O War as the guy these came from was supposedly roadcrew for them. I dont know what to believe but I am open minded and decided to just take a risk for once and see if it pays off. I am into em more than I would like to be but overall it was an okay trade/cash deal.

The ironbird and a few others I had were involved.
                  Haters gonna hate

Comment

John I would agree it looks off but I think its been buffed with a wheel. I can look at the base of the neck and its more yellowed than the rest. I almost think it spent a bunch of life as a closet piece. Its in fairly decent shape and really has little to no fretware. Perhaps its been refretted and rebound but it doesnt appear so unless it was a truly professional job.
                    Haters gonna hate

Comment

Other thing throwing me is I have never seen the R (reserved) logo with Made in USA on a neck thru. Every one I can recall on a soloist was TM??
                      Haters gonna hate

Comment

The floyd thing is total BS..They were on all kinds of charvel jacksons in the 80's jt-6 was for the imports..

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                          The floyd thing is total BS..The were on all kinds of charvel jacksons in the 60's jt-6 was for the imports..

BS every bolt on USA STRAT from this vintage I have ever had came with a JT6 sans the one I have next to me with a 590 (dr2 usa) lol

And damn I have been lookin for that 60s Jackson for a long time where are you hiding it...
                          Haters gonna hate

Comment

Yea the "R" doesn't go with that Jackson logo (I had one same Jackson logo TM)But again IDK?

Comment

ya know strangely the logo looks very much like the 3tite I had very crisp white, I thought that one was fake as well. its almost a slightly chunkier headstock as well. In apperance like my 3 tite was.
                              Haters gonna hate

Comment

Working...
                              X