No announcement yet.

Real....Fake...Or REALLY FAKE....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Can you post pics of the tram cavity and the control cavity?

Comment

BUT I have the full size control route lol
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

open pics sure about 45 minutes I can if not the other pics are up there?
          Haters gonna hate

Comment

uploaded open cavity pics
            Haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
              I know Kramer had rights but you COULD order one as far as I know Sully....Whats your take on this one??
              I doubt that it's fake. I didn't read the thread, but I wouldn't worry about the serial number. It wasn't uncommon for guitars to go unstamped, and sometimes the stamps aren't all that deep. I had an 85 Rhoads that I refretted and painted, and it was stamped very lightly. I had to recreate parts of the serial number after I had completed the work.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'll bet employee project.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ever considered it to be an employee guitar? They dont put serials on them unless you want to pay a few more bucks.

id say real

Edit yep. Ron and I know whats up! Lol.

Comment

LOL guys I did post that in the original post its written in between pics, that or endorsee was my guess. I just wish I knew what year or if it was dimas vs ontario when i put it up for sale. In reality it doesnt matter to me but some seem to think nothing good came after they moved 5 blocks or so lol
                    Haters gonna hate

Comment

the logo is fine, ive got 2 86 logo's just like it, Aug & Oct 86'. both have factory floyds, smaller SD era control route, normal sized hum routes, the Aug made has the straight tab'd tuners "SD" type but they are jackson logo'd they didn't do too long, the oct angled tab.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                        but some seem to think nothing good came after they moved 5 blocks or so lol
                        *Ahem* 20 miles
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Lol
                          Haters gonna hate

Comment

It looks like it was put together 20 miles away, with some dimas left overs..The control route is a dead giveaway..Short brass plate inside dimas(maybe)..Logos, not all dimas(Jackson is, made in the usa isn't).There is a site that explains logo and placement of all that crap.
                            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

My vote is legit with a sanded board - why fake something with a JT6 that's worth maybe 800 bucks?
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Well she is getting a severe cleaning and some changes. I just spent 3 hours working on it and modifying things. Grime and dirt were an understatement but I am hoping my changes will liven up the look and grab a potential buyer on her.

I am not giving her away after what I did tonight. 800 is about right before. She will now have an OFR, Duncans, Schallers, Chrome hardware, etc. Going with a little twist on it as well. I figure if no one wants to snag her then at least she will be set up in a manner where she wont just take up case space in the closet.
                                Haters gonna hate

Comment

Working...
                                X