Question for J100 vs J200 on Soloist USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for J100 vs J200 on Soloist USA

Maybe a stupid question BUT: i recently got an SL1 custom shop from 1989 with the j100 and j90 set. I had a 1987 soloist with the j200 on and they sounded much better to me. Will the j200 work on this sl1 without the active circuit if i changed them? I allready changed the J90 to a bill lawrence xl500l which was used 1-2 years as standard on these guitars and its truly amazing. Any info if it worth the switch from j100 to j200 on an non active circuit would be apreciated.

Yes, it will work without the active circuit just fine. As to whether it will be worth the switch, that's more a personal thing...it's what your ears like better.
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

The J200's were designed to work along with the active circuit. Without it, they will sound weak.
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
        The J200's were designed to work along with the active circuit. Without it, they will sound weak.
        This was my experience with the J200 with Model 4's...really weak without the active circuit.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

So the answer is yes, they will work, and no, they won't sound the same without the active circuit.

Comment

The J200's sound like ass without the JE1200.

Comment

Working...
            X